New stones coming to market

If you have questions about sharpening products, steels or techniques post them here.
Post Reply
User avatar
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin
Posts: 12285
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm

New stones coming to market

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm

I think I'll get yelled at if I reveal to much but there is a new Japanese stone company hitting the market very soon. They should be unique to the market (not repackaged and rebranded existing stones). As soon as I get permission I'll do the reveal. Look for them around the same time as we move. I'm sampling some prototypes in a few days which should be fun. Not sure if we need another line of stones but I like to try new stuff just like you guys do.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner www.chefknivestogo.com
Founded in 2002

nevrknow
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:53 pm
Location: Aiken, SC

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by nevrknow » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Hint? Grit ranges? :) Inquiring minds want to know.

User avatar
Kit Craft
Posts: 3034
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by Kit Craft » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:58 pm

ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm
I think I'll get yelled at if I reveal to much but there is a new Japanese stone company hitting the market very soon. They should be unique to the market (not repackaged and rebranded existing stones). As soon as I get permission I'll do the reveal. Look for them around the same time as we move. I'm sampling some prototypes in a few days which should be fun. Not sure if we need another line of stones but I like to try new stuff just like you guys do.
That is it! I am writing off synthetic stones right here and now! I just don't need anymore. Okay, that will never work. If there are new stones I will likely try them but I surely don't need them.

Kalaeb
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:59 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by Kalaeb » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Perfect timing. I am pretty much done buying knives, going to try to limit to just one custom. But stones....no limit there:)

Ourorboros
Posts: 651
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by Ourorboros » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Feel & speed? Soakers?

salemj
Posts: 1733
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by salemj » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:23 pm

I'm guessing that these will be distinctive because they will come in exclusively "Frozen" colors for the user's enjoyment. Haha.

I still really wish I knew more about great stones in the 800-1200 range. It would be nice to have something new in that range that leaves a great "food" edge that strops well at 5k or with compound without losing a great veggie bite.
~Joe

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and own mostly Konosukes but have used over a dozen brands.

Gregory27
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by Gregory27 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:18 am

Kalaeb wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 pm
I am pretty much done buying knives,
I keep telling myself that too.

datster
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by datster » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:03 am

Gregory27 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:18 am
Kalaeb wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 pm
I am pretty much done buying knives,
I keep telling myself that too.
ME TOO! Says the guy who has two new arrivals in the mail this week.

Sharperisbtr
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:31 pm

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by Sharperisbtr » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Just getting started. All the more to choose from and try!

User avatar
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin
Posts: 12285
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:36 pm

I'll do a video in a couple days just to give you a taste of them.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner www.chefknivestogo.com
Founded in 2002

User avatar
Jsgillis86
Posts: 3263
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:24 am

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by Jsgillis86 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:19 am

Kit Craft wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:58 pm
ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm
I think I'll get yelled at if I reveal to much but there is a new Japanese stone company hitting the market very soon. They should be unique to the market (not repackaged and rebranded existing stones). As soon as I get permission I'll do the reveal. Look for them around the same time as we move. I'm sampling some prototypes in a few days which should be fun. Not sure if we need another line of stones but I like to try new stuff just like you guys do.
That is it! I am writing off synthetic stones right here and now! I just don't need anymore. Okay, that will never work. If there are new stones I will likely try them but I surely don't need them.
But Kit- there's so many you haven't tried!  Oh, the 1200 Bamboo.  My synthetic Monzen.  Well, not as evolved an experience in a synthetic.  More of a "I really wanna use my Monzen but I just plain ol' don't have the time of day to be sucked into the time bending vortex of a stone that thing is so I'm gonna use this one because it's damn close and much more user friendly" stone.  So soft and creamy and does all the work for you...  Mmm..  Thinning convex grinds?  Pfft.

How 'bout the 2k Olive?  Oh man, why have I not told you about that one?

Actually, hit me up via PM dude.  I have half a mind telling me you might covet that one.

User avatar
Kit Craft
Posts: 3034
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:57 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by Kit Craft » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:24 am

Jsgillis86 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:19 am
Kit Craft wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:58 pm
ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm
I think I'll get yelled at if I reveal to much but there is a new Japanese stone company hitting the market very soon. They should be unique to the market (not repackaged and rebranded existing stones). As soon as I get permission I'll do the reveal. Look for them around the same time as we move. I'm sampling some prototypes in a few days which should be fun. Not sure if we need another line of stones but I like to try new stuff just like you guys do.
That is it! I am writing off synthetic stones right here and now! I just don't need anymore. Okay, that will never work. If there are new stones I will likely try them but I surely don't need them.
But Kit- there's so many you haven't tried!  Oh, the 1200 Bamboo.  My synthetic Monzen.  Well, not as evolved an experience in a synthetic.  More of a "I really wanna use my Monzen but I just plain ol' don't have the time of day to be sucked into the time bending vortex of a stone that thing is so I'm gonna use this one because it's damn close and much more user friendly" stone.  So soft and creamy and does all the work for you...  Mmm..  Thinning convex grinds?  Pfft.

How 'bout the 2k Olive?  Oh man, why have I not told you about that one?

Actually, hit me up via PM dude.  I have half a mind telling me you might covet that one.
Hah, I am sure there are a lot I have not tried but I have really got sucked down the rabbit hole when it comes to naturals. :mrgreen:

Jason B.
Posts: 1762
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by Jason B. » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Any updates Mark?

SanDiego
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:37 pm

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by SanDiego » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:53 pm

If there is a quality line of new stones with some technological advancements - I will definitely hazard an order.

User avatar
Jeff B
Posts: 8172
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:59 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by Jeff B » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Getting ancy to hear more.....
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.

DonnieFi
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by DonnieFi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:19 pm

I have a family member hopping the border in a couple of weeks, and I am going to try and skip international shipping. Will the new stones be revealed and availability in 2-3 weeks?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests