When to remove a burr

If you have questions about sharpening products, steels or techniques post them here.
gladius

Re: When to remove a burr

Post by gladius »

I also use the stone but...there are times when it's persistent and easier to use the ceramic rod, especially on lower grits.
Last edited by gladius on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

The Idahone doesn't pull it off anymore than a stone.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Right, but again, that wasn't the point. :) It was mentioned abrading vs pulling. I prefer abrading, like stones and the rod too but not everyone does.

As for the rod...SHUUUUSH. I need no more toys...Stop spending my money. I have a cheap ceramic rod that is like 6 inches long with no handle now that I keep in my travel kit but honestly I don't use it.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

OK
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
gladius

Post by gladius »

Kit Craft wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:46 pm As for the rod...SHUUUUSH. I need no more toys...Stop spending my money. I have a cheap ceramic rod that is like 6 inches long with no handle now that I keep in my travel kit but honestly I don't use it.
---
No one is pushing a rod on you Kit, just stating it is an alternative to cork, felt, wood, etc.
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

gladius wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:05 pm
Kit Craft wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:46 pm As for the rod...SHUUUUSH. I need no more toys...Stop spending my money. I have a cheap ceramic rod that is like 6 inches long with no handle now that I keep in my travel kit but honestly I don't use it.
---
No one is pushing a rod on you Kit, just stating it is an alternative to cork, felt, wood, etc.
Didn't mean to come of seriously. :)