Personal Messaging (PM) Limits/Info

Learn about the forum features, limits/restrictions, and how to get the most from your ChefKnivesToGoForums experience. Only Admins and Moderators can create topics. Registered Users can post replies to topics.
SteveG

Personal Messaging (PM) Limits/Info

Post by SteveG » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:02 pm

• You need a minimum of 4 posts to move out of the "Newly Registered Users" group and gain PM permissions.
  • We've increased the max PMs per folder (Inbox, Sent Messages) to 150.
  • I'm almost afraid to post this :-) but...In addition to the Inbox & Sent Messages folders you may create up to four additional folders and each of those folders can store 150 PMs max. That should give everyone plenty of closet space to store their stuff - not that you need to use it all ;-).

As an example, on the old forum I personally created an "archive" folder and a "classifieds" folder to store select general PMs and classified related PMs for reference.
  • TIP: PMs you send will remain in the "Outbox" folder until at least one recipient reads the message. Read PMs will then show up in the "Sent Messages" folder.

fujiyama

Re: Personal Messaging (PM) Limits/Info

Post by fujiyama » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:47 am

Very useful; thanks Steve.

Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Steve, on a PM note, is there a feature that will send an email when a pm is received. I cannot locate it...It was a very handy feature on the old forum. (Not that I mind checking in often)

SteveG

Post by SteveG » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Sure, just go to the User Control Panel and select the "Board Preferences" tab, then "Edit Notification Options".

Slater

Post by Slater » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:38 am

Been mia busy with life & work & now that it's xmas time & scrambling for some last minute gifts & realize we have a new layout, great!
I dont know if I went about signing-in on the new forum all wrong as had to create a new password.
All my previous pm's are gone! Is that just a give-in & part of the coarse or can we the mods or Kevin make it magically re-appear?
Now I need to work on getting my post count up....