The perfect Crepes

Share your culinary creations, recipes, food knowledge, restaurant recommendations, etc.
Bensbites

Re: The perfect Crepes

Post by Bensbites » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:18 am

Ok, I tried Serious Eats crepes last night, for a first attempt, they went pretty well. Of course I served them with another Serious Eats shredded Mexican chicken. French/Mexican fusion? I mixed this recipe with a whisk and used it right away, next time I would go with a blender for a smoother batter. I will do more crepes!

Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:24 am

Bensbites wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:18 am
I will do more crepes!
No harm in that, in th grand scheme of things there are worse things you could eat.

Try making this: https://natashaskitchen.com/crepe-cake-recipe/ if you get sick of eating one at a time.

Bensbites

Post by Bensbites » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:17 am

[YouTube][/YouTube]
Kalaeb wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:24 am
Bensbites wrote:
I will do more crepes!
No harm in that, in th grand scheme of things there are worse things you could eat.

Try making this: https://natashaskitchen.com/crepe-cake-recipe/ if you get sick of eating one at a time.
Thank you for the idea. I have considered doing that with cake batter.

old onion

Post by old onion » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:33 am

Kalaeb wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:24 am
Bensbites wrote:
I will do more crepes!

I gained 20 pounds just looking at that picture.

lsboogy

Post by lsboogy » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:42 pm

Cream cheese and lox crepe for me; mushroom, zucchini and carrot for the better half tonight. Served with tahini for both. Super easy, and absolutely made me feel like a chef.

Cutuu

Post by Cutuu » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:12 pm

I've been making my 3.5 year old daughter crepes lately. She loves them.

Drewski

Post by Drewski » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 pm

STPepper9 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:11 am
I've used this recipe a bunch of times with good results. It doesn't say it in the recipe but sift the sugar and flour.
It should be a thin batter.. I usually try to let it rest for at least an hour, but I've been fine using it immediately as well.
Getting the right heat on the pans takes a little trial and error. I've only ever used skillets. If you get a rhythm down you can juggle 3-4 pans at once so you don't have any down time waiting for them to cook. They will keep nicely for months if you wrap it well.
No need for a blender, but a nice rubber scraper is nice for helping flip them as can be a latex glove (or vinyl / nitrile) if you have normal fingers.
When you have written 7oz flour and 2.5oz sugar, are these volume or weight measurements?

STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:30 pm

Drewski wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:02 pm
STPepper9 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:11 am
I've used this recipe a bunch of times with good results. It doesn't say it in the recipe but sift the sugar and flour.
It should be a thin batter.. I usually try to let it rest for at least an hour, but I've been fine using it immediately as well.
Getting the right heat on the pans takes a little trial and error. I've only ever used skillets. If you get a rhythm down you can juggle 3-4 pans at once so you don't have any down time waiting for them to cook. They will keep nicely for months if you wrap it well.
No need for a blender, but a nice rubber scraper is nice for helping flip them as can be a latex glove (or vinyl / nitrile) if you have normal fingers.
When you have written 7oz flour and 2.5oz sugar, are these volume or weight measurements?
Weight