Egg Recipe Problem

Share your culinary creations, recipes, food knowledge, restaurant recommendations, etc.
chrissy

Egg Recipe Problem

Post by chrissy »

Do you know any recipes that will make an egg hater love eggs?
polytope

Re: Egg Recipe Problem

Post by polytope »

Hm. I'd try a brandy flip or a whiskey sour.
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

+1 on the whiskey sour.

Salsa scrambled eggs are great too. Something like this: https://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes ... mbled-eggs
salemj

Post by salemj »

Seasoning. I hate saying it (because it seems so obvious), but cooking eggs properly to remove traces of sulphur and using proper seasoning have a massive effect on smell and taste, and those are two important factors if you are trying to convert someone to eggs who had a negative experience in the past. Often, "haters" of foods had a bad aromatic or texture experience in the past, and it is that experience that keeps them from tasting the flavor "as" flavor. Seasoning affects both smell and texture.

I think eggs are a particularly sensitive ingredient in this regard. I often think of eggs as one of the very most sensitive ingredients to seasoning: I love eggs, but I find poorly seasoned eggs quite repulsive. I don't feel that way about most ingredients.

Scrambled eggs are easiest in this regard. Lightly seasoning them before cooking, using an appropriate amount of butter or cream, and seasoning during/after cooking, all help to remove any traces of sulphur smell and ensure proper seasoning throughout the food rather than just on the surface. I'd start there.
~J

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and have tried dozens of brands over the years.
rayl1234

Post by rayl1234 »

Creme brulee?
Ice cream?

Or are custards cheating...

Mixed into steak tartare (non custard direction)?
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Challah and brioche breads. Jewish households use up their eggs making this bread. You can use a few more eggs making French toast too.

---
Ken
ken123

Post by ken123 »

You can also do eggs adding various cheeses (feta, Greyere cream cheese etc) or for a stronger taste, add capers lox kippers etc. Also try various salamis, and other preserved meats - even shrimp octopus etc.

---
Ken
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Of course making crepes - filled with various preserves and cheeses (farmers cheese) like blintzes (with sour cream) even with strawberries cherries etc and liquors are a good desert.

Ken
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Or for Chinese dishes - egg drop soup, fried rice (with egg), lobster Cantonese ...

---
Ken
old onion

Post by old onion »

My doctor told me " no more eggs or cheese " so now I cheat and learned a new way of making my eggs taste better since I remove the yokes. I just scramble about 4 eggs in a bowl along with a little yellow mustard and chopped onions and some pepper and turmeric. This has become a bit of a habit for me as of late.