Sous Vide recipes

Share your culinary creations, recipes, food knowledge, restaurant recommendations, etc.
Jeff B

Re: Sous Vide recipes

Post by Jeff B »

Fine damnit, fine, fine, fine! With all this sous vide talk I ordered a circulator. I guess I have to try sous vide now too because of all you! Cool.... :D
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
arthurfowler

Post by arthurfowler »

Well done Jeff. I’ve been so busy that I haven’t used mine again yet. I will be doing the turkey porchetta over the Christmas break though.
LaVieestBelle

Post by LaVieestBelle »

Great choice. Using mine far more often than I ever imagined.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Just showed up...

Not the top of the line, but for $64 I thought an economical way to get started.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Carter

Post by Carter »

I got the Anova last year for Christmas....think you will really enjoy it Jeff. I still have not done the 48hr bacon, but I hear it is outstanding. I have had really good luck with steaks, but I find I need to set the SV lower than many of the recommendations for med-rare meat...I'm liking 124-5F, not 129F as many say.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Got the Anova Nano right before Christmas, used it a few times and really liked it. Some of the best chicken breast and pork loin I have eaten!
My brother-in-law has the Anova 2.2 800w and I liked it better so.... :mrgreen:

I sold the Nano on Ebay for $80 and bought the 800w new for $85 so I'm still only $82 in after the original purchase and the Ebay transactions.
The Nano performed excellent and it's only fault was the "built in" clamp. The adjustable clamp on the 800w makes it it so much more versatile. I only had one pot in the house that was deep enough to use the Nano and forget trying to use it with a cooler set up for very long cooks(36-48hrs). I think I do like the controls on the Nano just a little better but once habit takes over I don't think I'll notice.

Anyway, you guys need to heat this thread up and give me more ideas! 8-)
I've only used it for meats but want to try it with some veggies to now and see what happens.
Bluenoser87

Post by Bluenoser87 »

I made this Ropa Vieja once. It was amazing. Be super careful with bones in the plastic bag though. I punctured mine and almost lost the whole thing but managed to quickly get a new (double) bag without making a mess somehow

https://youtu.be/TzLMvnS2Nj0
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Bluenoser87 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:20 pm I made this Ropa Vieja once. It was amazing. Be super careful with bones in the plastic bag though. I punctured mine and almost lost the whole thing but managed to quickly get a new (double) bag without making a mess somehow

https://youtu.be/TzLMvnS2Nj0
Looks great, gonna have to try that one some time, thanks Jon!
keithmarder

Post by keithmarder »

The Chefsteps rib recipe is outstanding. I wish I was better at posting picture here. It also makes the best pork chops known to man. And, Kenji's glazed carrots. Wow.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

keithmarder wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:10 pm The Chefsteps rib recipe is outstanding. I wish I was better at posting picture here. It also makes the best pork chops known to man. And, Kenji's glazed carrots. Wow.
Pork chops are hands down the best things to Sous Vide!