Angle guides for edge pro

CKTG has a large amount of Edge Pro products so we've dedicated a forum to questions on Edge Pro sharpening systems, accessories and techniques.
Bluecat

Angle guides for edge pro

Post by Bluecat »

Any experiences or thoughts about using the angle guides to set the initial bevel for the edge pro.
dv/dt

Re: Angle guides for edge pro

Post by dv/dt »

To take full advantage of the precision and repeatability that the EP provides, I would recommend using the Angle Cube to set the angles.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

dv/dt wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:07 am To take full advantage of the precision and repeatability that the EP provides, I would recommend using the Angle Cube to set the angles.
Agreed
Bluecat

Post by Bluecat »

Thanks all.

Post by 5698k »

I’ve used the inclinometer in my iPhone, works well enough.
Radar53

Post by Radar53 »

I've used both the angle cube and my iPhone5 (plus the free "clinometer" app) and I prefer the iPhone + clinometer app.

Just as an aside if you are looking for absolute accuracy, you need to use a consistent set-up process and also adjust for basically the thickness of the blade and / or how it sits on the blade table plus a couple of other things.

As a final check I usually put Sharpee on the edge and do a very, very light, dry stroke or two with the proposed stone, check using a Loupé & then adjust as required & re-check.

This set-up stuff can be a whole rabbit hole in it's own right :roll:

HTH
Cheers Grant

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!!