What micron size particles are on the CKTG 1000 plate?

CKTG has a large amount of Edge Pro products so we've dedicated a forum to questions on Edge Pro sharpening systems, accessories and techniques.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

What micron size particles are on the CKTG 1000 plate?

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Do you know what micron the 1000 grit stone is I maybe over looking it in the forum. looks like I seen few speculation of about 15 micron is that correct? I have been using the 140 and 400 for a while I have noticed the the 140 has lost a little but it still going strong any idea how many knives you can get out of them? I think I have probably over 20 knives on the 140 and 400 and I have seen no change on the 400. And I have noticed some difference on the 140 but still working better than the edge pro 120 stone.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Radar53

Re: What micron size particles are on the CKTG 1000 plate?

Post by Radar53 »

The EP 120 and some of their other coarse stones aren't up to much when it comes to the heavy lifting. Having said that some of their finer stones, 1000, 1200 & upwards, are really good once something else has done the hard work. So your 140 & 400 diamond stones are definitely helping out there.

The third party stones, Shapton Glass, Shapton Pro, Nubatama etc are night & day better than the standard coarse grit stones.

Also just a note on grit numbers. EdgePro uses one standard & the others use a different standard. So the EP1200 is about a JIS 5k.

HTH
Cheers Grant

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!!