Available outdoor knives

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
PaulT

Available outdoor knives

Post by PaulT »

Like the kitchen thread, I'll be putting any random knives I make in here that aren't for a particular order. I'll keep the first post updated with knives and new posts will simply be to alert anyone to new knives being made available.

Any specs or info that isn't listed let me know and I'll get it for you.

Latest knife, large-ish bowie. 9.5" blade, 15.5" overall. 400 layer san mai damascus, damascus guard, spacer and pommel with silver inserts. Stabilised poplar burl handle, mild steel pommel nut with polished epoxy 'eye'. This is a takedown but mainly for any maintenance, it's cranked together pretty tight. Veg tanned leather sheath with belt loop on the back. $750 + shipping from the UK, any questions please ask away!
bowie1.jpg
bowie2.jpg
bowie3.jpg
bowie4.jpg
Not entirely sure what I was trying to achieve with this one, probably a useful camping knife though as an all purpose knife. O1 steel, wenge handle. $75, again no sheath but I can do you one.

IMG_3572.JPG
IMG_3573.JPG

Last one for now, it's pretty much a camp knife in the style of an Anglo Saxon seax. 1080 steel, differential hardening for a sharp edge and tough spine. Handle is walnut, ash and copper. Blade length is around 14", 2" tall at the tallest and 1/4" spine at its thickest. $200, leather sheath included. The softer part of the blade has a really cool wootz-y look from etching.

IMG_3604.JPG
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_3608.JPG
IMG_3611.JPG
timos

Re: Available outdoor knives

Post by timos »

great stuff, that seax came out particularly well!
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Thanks man, the seax was a fun one!
J david

Post by J david »

Nice work. How hard do you recon the white 2 skinner is? I'm in the market for a gift for a friend. Also how much more for a belt sheath?
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

J david wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 pm Nice work. How hard do you recon the white 2 skinner is? I'm in the market for a gift for a friend. Also how much more for a belt sheath?
Thanks! The white 2 steel should be around 60hrc. I can add a little belt sheath for $25 for you.
J david

Post by J david »

PaulT wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 pm
J david wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 pm Nice work. How hard do you recon the white 2 skinner is? I'm in the market for a gift for a friend. Also how much more for a belt sheath?
Thanks! The white 2 steel should be around 60hrc. I can add a little belt sheath for $25 for you.
I'll take it with the sheath. I hope my friend can take care of an all carbon, but it's too pretty to pass up. PM your paypal and I'll get you paid asap. Thank you.
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

New knife added to the first post!