Can I sell used cookware here?

Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.
Forum rules
Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.

Please do not announce deals from competitors on knives and sharpening stones. We reserve the right to delete posts that violate these rules.
Delboy

Can I sell used cookware here?

Post by Delboy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:53 am

In my travels(antique/thrift stores), I come across quite a bit of high end cookware, such as Allclad, Demeyere, La Cruset, etc., & some vintage cast iron – Sometimes I keep them, sometimes I sell them on the feebays. Would you guys be interested in sales posts here (after I’ve got my 30 posts in, I don’t want to break any rules), or would that go in the classified section? ...Can I even sell used (or sometimes new) cookware on this forum? Thanks in advance!
"Now remember Rodney, he who dares..."

J david

Re: Can I sell used cookware here?

Post by J david » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:32 pm

First become a part of this forum by participation with meaningful conversation and then just about anything cooking related is fair game. Just don't expect people here will readily pay inflated flea bay prices for kitchen stuff. Welcome to the forum.

Delboy

Post by Delboy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I definitely don’t expect people to pay inflated prices, I definitely consider that when selling in forums like this (part of the reason for inflated prices *are* the fees). & I understand that participation is key before selling, & I think that’s the way it should be. I have no problem with participating by posting the necessary 30 times before selling anything - this forum is great, I absolutely love (kitchen)knives, I’m surprised it took me so long to find it.

Delboy

Post by Delboy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:03 pm

Last ones I found were 2 lagostina pans, one of 'em brand new. I picked them up in order to sell.....But ended up keeping them. I've cooked on cast iron my whole life (I'm 38), & I'm amazed at how evenly these pans cook! I almost kept the Demeyere I found, but it weighed like 7 lbs., & that was just too heavy for me....

Jeff B

Post by Jeff B » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:08 pm

You can list anything you like, if people want it they will buy it. Sales posts should be kept in the Classifieds though. This sub-forum is to share deals and just cool kitchen stuff that you have found, not for selling personal items.
Last edited by Jeff B on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.

Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:15 pm

I can't speak for Mark as it is his forum, but I would not mind seeing some cool finds for sale.

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:15 am

Delboy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:53 am
In my travels(antique/thrift stores), I come across quite a bit of high end cookware, such as Allclad, Demeyere, La Cruset, etc., & some vintage cast iron – Sometimes I keep them, sometimes I sell them on the feebays. Would you guys be interested in sales posts here (after I’ve got my 30 posts in, I don’t want to break any rules), or would that go in the classified section? ...Can I even sell used (or sometimes new) cookware on this forum? Thanks in advance!
I don't have a problem with you posting cookware in the Classifieds section.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com

Delboy

Post by Delboy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:47 pm

ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:15 am
Delboy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:53 am
I don't have a problem with you posting cookware in the Classifieds section.
Thank You Sir! I'll get around to doing that some time soon ;)