Welcome Chris!

Chris Meikrantz (cjmeik) lives in Augusta, GA and does Knife Improvements - Specializing in kitchen cutlery, using traditional techniques. [email protected]

https://www.instagram.com/makeitsharper/

Moderator: cjmeik

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Welcome Chris!

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Good luck with the sharpening business Chris! There's plenty of dull knives out in the world that need help. :)
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner www.chefknivestogo.com
Founded in 2002
Madison Wisconsin

lsboogy

Re: Welcome Chris!

Post by lsboogy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:11 pm

Thank you Chris - I am getting into this stuff more and more.

Chris thinned a knife for me recently, and at first I thought I wanted a bit more. He told me it was a good carrot cutter and my gosh was he right. I did cabbage and carrots for slaw for a large function yesterday using a Richmond Ultimatum AEBL knife that I was getting disappointed with until Chris got ahold of it. The more I use it the more I like it. I am beginning to understand grind now - have ultra thin (many Kikuichi's and others that are less than 2mm but do not have the old Sabatier profile I love), and I had purchased this knife as a first from Mark. Profile is wonderful, but I started getting more into a few Kohetsu'
S I got off the site and they have been my go to knives for a while. I had relegated the Ultimatum to a camping knife (we eat and cook like kings camping - and it's one of the few stainless knives I own), but after his work this thing is going to be my hard veg knife for a while - he has taken a wonderful knife that did not do what I wanted it to and turned it into one that will be in the kit all the time.

I told him I need to figure out how to communicate with him, as I am a good home cook but certainly not a professional, and we are learning. What he did with this knife is amazing. He's got another, and will have several more for me - difference in performance is stunning.

snipes

Re: Welcome Chris!

Post by snipes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:11 am

Best of luck in your endeavor Chris.