My Tsourkan

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Jeff B

My Tsourkan

Post by Jeff B »

240mm 52100, I bought this at the Chicago reception. Have only had a chance to dice an onion but first impressions are very high. The knife feels very solid, great in hand and performed well! Love the profile, hoping to get a lot of quality use this coming week.

If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Robstreperous

Re: My Tsourkan

Post by Robstreperous »

Hey Jeff. Congratulations on your pickup. As you're pretty well aware... I love my Tsourkan A2 250.

Looking forward to hearing more but I'd say your initial impressions are spot on.

---Rob
salemj

Post by salemj »

Jeff B wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:42 am 240mm 52100, I bought this At the Chicago reception. Have only had a chance to dice an onion but first impressions are very high. The knife feels very solid, great in hand and performed well! Love the profile, hoping to get a lot of quality use this coming week.

You have a lot of knives with a variety of grinds, and you feel the differences. I'd love to have more feedback (after you've lived with the knife for a while) on just how you think the grind is shaped and how it performs on different types of ingredients. As you know, this goes far beyond a choil shot and has a lot more to do with the shape of the blade road, etc., from heel to tip!
~Joe

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and own mostly Konosukes but have used over a dozen brands.
BoostedGT

Post by BoostedGT »

The feedback I have read about his knives is pretty consistent, I hope I can get one of his gyutos soon.