Minneapolis Crew!

We're interested in doing a monthly donation to charities and we want to spread it around and help good organizations that interest you. If you post your favorite charity in this Forum we'll consider giving to it.
User avatar
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin
Posts: 14267
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:20 pm

Nmiller21k wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:40 am
ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:08 am
Here you go. 100% of the proceeds will be sent to this group after I sell the knife.
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kavg21gyforc.html
Did these all sell while I was driving home from the gym??
Yes it sold right away.
Image
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com

Chefspence
Posts: 2416
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:03 pm

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by Chefspence » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:04 pm

snipes wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:20 am
lsboogy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:38 pm
I'm game as well - live close to downtown so I can get anywhere easily

Is this all out in Apple Valley? I also work with http://famplace.org/ in downtown St. Paul and a couple kitchens in Minneapolis
Ah, Apple Valley. I spent the first half of my childhood there. Great place to be a kid other than the politics around youth wrestling. Very generous as usual Nick.
That's where I grew up as well. Wish I could help Nick. Good on you for being so generous and caring

User avatar
lsboogy
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by lsboogy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:55 pm

If you need extra help lemme know.

User avatar
lsboogy
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by lsboogy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:55 pm

I do cleanup too

Nmiller21k
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by Nmiller21k » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:56 pm

lsboogy wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:55 pm
If you need extra help lemme know.
Oh yeah you're in the list.
I'm looking at dates tomorrow before work, probably late march.

User avatar
lsboogy
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by lsboogy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:02 am

Nmiller21k wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:56 pm
lsboogy wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:55 pm
If you need extra help lemme know.
Oh yeah you're in the list.
I'm looking at dates tomorrow before work, probably late march.
😀

User avatar
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin
Posts: 14267
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:19 am

Here is the acknowledgment. Have fun at the event. You rock Nick!

Image
Image
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com

Nmiller21k
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by Nmiller21k » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:41 am

Awesome!
I love doing Pack Walks with Wilbur (the dog that was on the knife page)
He gives up halfway through the walk and gets in a wagon :)

User avatar
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin
Posts: 14267
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am

Nick, you and I and some others on the forum should form a CKTG donation committee and kick around ideas for good causes to donate to. We could start a sub forum and that way I can refer to it every month or so when I want to make a donation from the store.
Image
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com

Nmiller21k
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by Nmiller21k » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 am

I'm down Mark :)

slobound
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by slobound » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:53 am

ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am
Nick, you and I and some others on the forum should form a CKTG donation committee and kick around ideas for good causes to donate to. We could start a sub forum and that way I can refer to it every month or so when I want to make a donation from the store.
Cool idea!
-- Garrick

User avatar
Jeff B
Posts: 11733
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:59 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by Jeff B » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 pm

ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am
Nick, you and I and some others on the forum should form a CKTG donation committee and kick around ideas for good causes to donate to. We could start a sub forum and that way I can refer to it every month or so when I want to make a donation from the store.
Then maybe I'll give more to charity instead of buying so many knives. :D
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.

Nmiller21k
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by Nmiller21k » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:51 pm

Jeff B wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 pm
ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am
Nick, you and I and some others on the forum should form a CKTG donation committee and kick around ideas for good causes to donate to. We could start a sub forum and that way I can refer to it every month or so when I want to make a donation from the store.
Then maybe I'll give more to charity instead of buying so many knives. :D
Won't you be doing both then?

User avatar
Jeff B
Posts: 11733
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:59 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by Jeff B » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:04 am

Nmiller21k wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:51 pm
Jeff B wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 pm
ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am
Nick, you and I and some others on the forum should form a CKTG donation committee and kick around ideas for good causes to donate to. We could start a sub forum and that way I can refer to it every month or so when I want to make a donation from the store.
Then maybe I'll give more to charity instead of buying so many knives. :D
Won't you be doing both then?
Damn, caught again! 8-)
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.

Nmiller21k
Posts: 2678
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by Nmiller21k » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:58 pm

This has to be postponed for a little while some personal things have come up and as well at work that I won’t have time to dedicate for this
Hopefully this summer

User avatar
lsboogy
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by lsboogy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:10 pm

I'm in still. Hope your situation remedies itself

Intension
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by Intension » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:28 am

Hey Nick its Nate, just got registered again. Keep me in the loop on these dinners, I may be able to help if my boss doesn't book up my whole summer with events! :)
Chef deShroom - Forest to Fork
"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat,
the least we can do is prepare them well and serve them with ceremony."
-F.P.

MisoSatisfried
Posts: 765
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by MisoSatisfried » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:43 pm

Nmiller21k wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:58 pm
This has to be postponed for a little while some personal things have come up and as well at work that I won’t have time to dedicate for this
Hopefully this summer
Just let us know! :)
I'm Dave. I don't take myself too seriously and you probably shouldn't either.

User avatar
lsboogy
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Minneapolis Crew!

Post by lsboogy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:38 pm

I've been in conversations about a large meal at Union Gospel - they usually get a scout troop or something like that in the summe for weekend meals, but I think a high end homeless meal may be the thing in July - probably get Lunds to donate the product, will need others to feed 5-600. All I need are bodies with decent kitchen and knife skills.

Post Reply