Donation Knife available

We're interested in doing a monthly donation to charities and we want to spread it around and help good organizations that interest you. If you post your favorite charity in this Forum we'll consider giving to it.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Donation Knife available

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

We're donating a 100% of the proceeds to Second Harvest for this nice little petty that Kato gave us on his trip last September.

https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kadape13dokn.html
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
gotmail1414

Re: Donation Knife available

Post by gotmail1414 »

Very generous! For those not familiar with Second Harvest, here is the link to their website: https://www.secondharvestmadison.org/
MisoSatisfried

Post by MisoSatisfried »

I've worked with and volunteered for Second Harvest numerous times. Great choice Mark; they're a great organization.
I'm Dave. I don't take myself too seriously and you probably shouldn't either.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Guess it's gone already, didn't even get to see, it...
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
dmonterisi

Post by dmonterisi »

This is an awesome program, mark! I purchased the Yoshimi Kato 180 that was put up last month that was for the My Pitbull is Family charity. I couldn't be happier to support the charity. I have 2 pit bulls that were rescued--one of them named Yoshi so it seemed like kismet for me to come upon that knife in new arrivals. i'm very glad to support a company that gives something back. Cheers!
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Thanks!

We plan on doing something each month and we’ll mix it up with different knives and different organizations.

Here’s the email after we sent the donation today.

Second Harvest Heartland
Dear Mark,

With the new year upon us, I want to tell you just how much you're changing lives right here close to home in 2019. Your gift of $100.00 received on 3/4/19 will help ensure that thousands of our most vulnerable neighbors get the food they need during the coldest and toughest months of the year. Our neighbors often face impossible choices during this season such as having to choose between housing and food. Thanks to you, fewer among us will have to make those decisions.

Your gift offers hope to neighbors like Perry, whose wife and three children recently moved to Minnesota. When they first arrived, they found it difficult to find housing and the family of five ended up living in a hotel. The expense cost them everything they had, leaving nothing for food. But with the help of the local food bank, Perry and his family were able to access enough food to ease that burden and focus on finding a stable place to live.

"We're settled in now, and our financial situation has improved to the point that we don't need to use the food pantry regularly. But it's comforting to know that if we need it, it's there," Perry shared.

In 2019, families in need, like Perry's, will continue to face difficult situations, every week and every day. But thanks to you, fewer of our neighbors will worry, and more people in our area will have enough to eat. For that, we and the people we serve are immensely grateful. Thank you for your continued support.

Best wishes for a wonderful 2019,
Marsha Shotley
Chief Philanthropy Officer, Second Harvest Heartland

Transaction Summary
First name: Mark
Last name: Richmond
Gift Amount: $100.00
Date: 3/4/19
CC #:
Did you know that many employers will match donations? Please go to 2harvest.org/matchmygift or check with your employer to see if your donation could be doubled!
Second Harvest Heartland is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. As required by federal tax law, this email verifies that no goods or services were provided in exchange for your contribution. *To protect the privacy of the people we serve, name has been changed.

A Proud Member of Feeding America Contact | Unsubscribe or Change your Preferences
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

Jeff B wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:54 pm Guess it's gone already, didn't even get to see, it...
It was a beauty!