Web Suggestion

jerrythesurfer

Web Suggestion

Post by jerrythesurfer »

CKTG,

It would be useful if on your website you added a checkbox to hide "Out Of Stock" knives. It would also help if a customer could sort the knives by price (ascending or descending), knife maker, and reviews. This would certainly save me time as I have no interest in Out of Stock knives and I also have a specific budget. I suspect many other customers would use these features too.

Thanks

JerrytheSurfer
old onion

Re: Web Suggestion

Post by old onion »

Obviously,two different thoughts here.I myself find OOS items interesting.Besides showing me what I have been missing,there still remains a description of the product and history that gets filed away into my data memory banks for further future use just in case that item comes back into play.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

jerrythesurfer wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:21 pm CKTG,

It would be useful if on your website you added a checkbox to hide "Out Of Stock" knives. It would also help if a customer could sort the knives by price (ascending or descending), knife maker, and reviews. This would certainly save me time as I have no interest in Out of Stock knives and I also have a specific budget. I suspect many other customers would use these features too.

Thanks

JerrytheSurfer
I agree that some customers would find those features very useful. Maybe, for me personally I don't care. But I do think others would enjoy the feature.

BTW Jerry, have you taken the plunge yet on a jk?
gladius

Post by gladius »

A product filter would be most welcomed and useful for everyone.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

All of these and many other filters have been mentioned before. Don't think Mark has too many options on his platform when it comes to "filters" which is why he tries to seperate things through different categories to aid in searching.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
matchplay18

Post by matchplay18 »

Jerry the Surfer funny thing I was thinking the exact thing. It would be nice to have price point option you could really save some time. Some people have a budget some people just have price threshold . I know a work in progress but you do have a very nice site to visit.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

OOS items are often not actually out of stock. They can be items yet to be received but put up so people can get notification of their arrival.
I personally like to see these items.
Adding filters to a site like this is extremely time intensive as you now need to code every item so that the filters can work.
Mark has more knives in his inventory than any other retailer I know of....by a long way!
If there is a price to pay for this selection I am happy to pay it in terms of a few minutes extra searching.

Also I think the CKTG site has a far better inventory system than most of the other retailers I visit. Most of them do not show unavailability until you go to the actual product page...or worse still....until you put it in your basket.
Mark shows availability and last one in stock notification. Not one other site does this.
I won't name names but you know there are some really bad examples of this out there.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Completely agree with you Ray. Shopping some other sites really makes me appreciate all that Mark has done with his.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

mauichef wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:23 pm OOS items are often not actually out of stock. They can be items yet to be received but put up so people can get notification of their arrival.
I personally like to see these items.
Adding filters to a site like this is extremely time intensive as you now need to code every item so that the filters can work.
Mark has more knives in his inventory than any other retailer I know of....by a long way!
If there is a price to pay for this selection I am happy to pay it in terms of a few minutes extra searching.

Also I think the CKTG site has a far better inventory system than most of the other retailers I visit. Most of them do not show unavailability until you go to the actual product page...or worse still....until you put it in your basket.
Mark shows availability and last one in stock notification. Not one other site does this.
I won't name names but you know there are some really bad examples of this out there.
This is spot on. I’ve been shopping J knives for a short time but I’ve visited many sites. Mark and Susan have done a great job on the web site, easy to navigate, easy to get your mail on the notification list, I see updates on the weekends often times, they are always engaged in the cause. One of the things I like most is how Mark involves his customers in many decisions and asks for feedback or will put a inquiry out on the forum for more opinions than his own. Not many knife retailers will see the owner answering questions, most of the time you’ll find the owner shielded by employees. Fast shipping, excellent customer service if there is problem, they stand behind what they sell. I hope the reap the rewards of hard their hard work and dedication, it’s well deserved.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
M1k3-

Post by M1k3- »

I would really like to see a bunch of search options. I would be perfectly content with a Max price search option and sorting by price (low to high, high to low). Otherwise a great site!
hawkoath

Post by hawkoath »

agree