Do you accept pre payments for out of stock knives?

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Do you accept pre payments for out of stock knives?

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

This is a common question I get almost daily and mostly are focused around a few hard to get items like the Konosuke HD2, Masamoto KS and Kato gyutos.

Sorry we won't do this. The reason is if we took pre payments, customers would never have access to these knives in a timely manner and we would sell more than the makers could possibly supply. I could easily take several hundred pre orders for the Konosuke HD2 gyuto which would take me 4-5 years to deliver. During that time I would constantly be answering status questions, giving refunds etc. That doesn't sound like a good way to do business even though I know some custom makers do this kind of thing. We only want to sell things that we have in stock. So, please put your email on the item pages and once you get the email make your move. If you get one, you can be assured you will be paying for a knife we have ready to ship. This is not an ideal situation and I know some get frustrated when they get notified and other customers beat them to it, but it's the only fair and rational way I know to deal with this other than aggressively raising prices (it's called price gouging) to tamp down demand. That seem like a losing business practice to me so I'm going to stick to our system.

Remember, once an item comes in stock all the emails are sent out and the page is wiped clean. You need to re-enter your email again if you miss out and the process repeats itself.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Santas_101

Re: Do you accept pre payments for out of stock knives?

Post by Santas_101 »

Could you set it up where the first 50 people on the list get sent the email. After a day if still unsold the next 50 people would be emailed and so on. Is that possible?
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Santas_101 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:34 pm Could you set it up where the first 50 people on the list get sent the email. After a day if still unsold the next 50 people would be emailed and so on. Is that possible?
Just enter your email in the "notify when back in stock" field and make sure your push notifications on your phone happen frequently :)
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

Also be prepared to purchase immediately when that item comes back in stock - no hesitation for popular items or they will be gone.