Konosuke Giveaway

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
enjay

Re: Konosuke Giveaway

Post by enjay »

Jeff B wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:10 pm Then...let's do a random drawing between everyone with a 5 digit post count. :D
Tbh the most fair post count is somewhere between 300 and 310.
Carlo

Post by Carlo »

I like the idea of something to benefit a charity.

I can’t suggest the best way to do it. This kind of organization is beyond me.

*takes charge of ordering lunch at work once every 2 years and swears he’ll never do it again
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Carlo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:13 pm I like the idea of something to benefit a charity.

I can’t suggest the best way to do it. This kind of organization is beyond me.

*takes charge of ordering lunch at work once every 2 years and swears he’ll never do it again
If there is no need to spread the word then I 100% agree...charity!
Now more than ever.
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

I don’t know if this falls into a good suggestion for this or if negates the original intention but I’ll throw it out there anyway!

You could potentially do a thing where people pay a small fee and we do a pass around with it and the money made from the that goes to whatever charity or other good cause that might be agreed-upon.
Yes I know pass rounds can be A little more work but, For the sake of putting numbers to it: $ 20 x 20 people is $400.
If it’s set up in such a way that people can donate as they feel they want to or they can, That number could obviously go up pretty quickly.

I can see the positive of that on both sides because if somebody wants to try it out they donate $20 bucks (+ shipping to the next person) to try out the latest and greatest from konosuke.

Of course what normally happens is people try it out and then post their feedback on it,
so you also get a wider cross-section of people trying it out and allowing people to get an idea of what it’s about without spending the money.

Considering the fact that normally pass rounds happen when everyone is doing their normal day-to-day life things it can be a little dragged down but since most people are home more now, i have a feeling that would actually be a very active and quick.
I also don’t think there’s any real need for concern as far as passing through the mail because we are all using the mail and that and it’s easy enough to quickly sanitize something when you receive it;

This is far as I got though.

I didn’t really think about how you would handle wrapping it all up at the end.

I suppose if someone really likes it they are going to hop on the website and buy a brand new one for themselves..
I know in the past some of the knives that were up for grabs they moved pretty quickly and again you could take that total and add it to whatever donation.
So just for the sake of putting numbers on it, if you have that $400 as the entrance fees collected plus say $300 or whatever the knife was gonna sell for because it was in a pass around....

you’ve made $700 that can go to help out Something positive.
It also might allow some people who are a little more active now but still new and have not had a chance to be involved in one of those things.

the criteria for being involved still has to be set clearly, just to make sure that it gets from person to person.
I would also suggest that including some kind of stropping/honing setup so that the knife could be maintained with out actually going to stones until absolutely needing it.
That way we avoid any kind of issues with scratching the blade faces just as weird stuff happens sometimes when using stones.
That also allows you to highlight something that you feel is good as far as maintaining an edge without actually going to any kind of a sharpening system.

I know you have a lot of options on the website that fit that and it would allow people try using something like that without actually have to take the plunge.
Wjhunt

Post by Wjhunt »

Having the proceeds go to charity seems like a great idea. Can you send it to Steve G. for a quick video while everyone decides how to get the most money to your favorite charity?
LaVieestBelle

Post by LaVieestBelle »

jacko9 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 pm
mauichef wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:45 pm
Jeff B wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:15 pm Just give it to me and call it good. 8-)
Jeff.....I already asked...and got answered in the negative ;-)
Seriously though.

Raffle on IG.
Have to follow #CKTG, #Konosuke-sakai and #knifelife!!!! OK forget the last one.
Share with 2 friends.
Anything else?
Sure give it to the oldest guy on here that way it will be passed on soon!
Oh yes, brilliant. Because I am way older than Jeff.
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

LaVieestBelle wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:13 pm
mauichef wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Jeff.....I already asked...and got answered in the negative ;-)
Seriously though.

Raffle on IG.
Have to follow #CKTG, #Konosuke-sakai and #knifelife!!!! OK forget the last one.
Share with 2 friends.
Anything else?
Last edited by jacko9 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bensbites

Post by Bensbites »

jacko9 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:49 pm
LaVieestBelle wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:13 pm

I'm pretty sure I am as well since I'm pushing 76
If we are playing this game, I will get my 94 yr old grandmother to join.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I would be open to doing a raffle on instagram and here but I would need to figure out how to do it in an efficient way. We could donate all the proceeds to Feed America.

I’ll need to talk to Kosuke too. He gave me leeway to do whatever I wanted but it’s his gift and I want to make sure he’s into it.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Well it sounds like you've decided NOT to just give it to me and call it good. I can't say I agree with your decision... :cry:
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
stevem627

Post by stevem627 »

I think that with times being what they are, a great idea is for us to find a way to give back. I think it could surprise people how much we can get through a raffle.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Jeff B wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:14 pm Well it sounds like you've decided NOT to just give it to me and call it good. I can't say I agree with your decision... :cry:
Totally
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:59 pm I would be open to doing a raffle on instagram and here but I would need to figure out how to do it in an efficient way. We could donate all the proceeds to Feed America.

I’ll need to talk to Kosuke too. He gave me leeway to do whatever I wanted but it’s his gift and I want to make sure he’s into it.
Would that include your out-of-USA clients? (Perhaps at least your patients/regulars?) 🤓🤔😋😗🤗
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Ok, he's excited to do this so we'll give it a shot. Also, Sue and I are going to match the money contributed to Feeding America.

Dan if you want to do it let me know and if you win we'll pay for the shipping. The same goes for anyone else from outside the USA. You may need to send me the money via paypal.

Here is my first draft for the raffle. I need to test out the page to make sure it doesn't charge shipping or tax before I do it. Please proofread it for me and I'll add or correct anything before it goes live.

https://www.chefknivestogo.com/raforfeam.html
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ronnie_suburban

Post by ronnie_suburban »

Looks good and extraordinarily generous of you and Sue, too. You may want to include the fact that it's a Sumiiro in P1.
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:10 am Ok, he's excited to do this so we'll give it a shot. Also, Sue and I are going to match the money contributed to Feeding America.

Dan if you want to do it let me know and if you win we'll pay for the shipping. The same goes for anyone else from outside the USA. You may need to send me the money via paypal.
Oh yes!
ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:10 am Here is my first draft for the raffle. I need to test out the page to make sure it doesn't charge shipping or tax before I do it. Please proofread it for me and I'll add or correct anything before it goes live.

https://www.chefknivestogo.com/raforfeam.html
Multiple raffles allowed, or one each?
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Ok, I'll add the line name.

Yeah I think multiples can be allowed.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
d_rap

Post by d_rap »

Style suggestion: "The Kurouchi Nashiji finish is absolutely stunning" (or something to that effect) would keep that sentence from having the word "finish" twice.
David
KetchupKing

Post by KetchupKing »

Looks awesome! can't wait. Is there a projected start date? or all up in air still.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

I like David's wording for the finish.

AND, you know this is going to look rigged when I win don't you! 8-)
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.