wts waring professional CB-6 blender/boat motor

Here you can research prices of sold items.
dAviD

wts waring professional CB-6 blender/boat motor

Post by dAviD »

I'm not sure if we're actually allowed to post stuff that isn't edge-related but I figured as professional cooks and cooking enthusiasts all have the same obsessions I would post it here with the hopes that I could get home for it without too much effort.
exactly as the title describes it is definitely a professional grade blender that I bought to build up my own home kit and I have a few other pieces just like this that are worth quite a bit of money that I bought for kitchens that I was running but especially since I'm moving and not running any kitchens I need to find a home for these guys.

this one is in mint condition and the last one that I saw posted on eBay was going for around $1,000 but I'm more than happy to cut a deal if I can make a quick sale without having to haggle with the former restaurant owner that I worked with who wanted me to buy it on my paycheck and then did not want to reimburse me because we started getting into the covid stuff.

there's not much in the way for attachments but there is definitely a lot of replacement parts some of them go for 50 to 155 a piece depending on what you're looking for this one is in full working condition and clean as hell.
I hunted for months and months for this particular model because it is the most durable.
this was the borderline between them actually making stuff for kitchens and most of the time this is actually listed as a laboratory blender whatever that means...
I have no idea why they would actually be blending this much stuff in the laboratory.
but I can tell you it makes one hell of a milkshake especially if you actually chill the container because the heat coming off of the blade will liquefy most ice cream well before it becomes a milkshake.

again I don't know if it was appropriate to post something that wasn't knife related in the classifieds here but,
I figured this is the best audience for it aside from the eBay posting that I have.

I'll post a couple pictures including the latest listing on eBay.
obviously if I can make half of that which is exactly what I paid for it I will be totally happy but if some budding chef wants to blend away to their hearts content I will try to be as amicable with the price as possible. $495

[attachment=1]Screenshot_20200715-193350.png[/attachment][attachment=0]IMG_20200715_191115.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_20200715_191115.jpg
Screenshot_20200715-193350.png
dAviD

Re: wts waring professional CB-6 blender/boat motor

Post by dAviD »

my roommate reminded me of a video or some dude who blends his shoe..
so if I need to blend a shoe to make somebody feel more comfortable about buying a professional blender please let me know but I don't think we can post a video on this site as it is,
so I'll have to do it on my Instagram.
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

let's drop this down and in an increment and say $325
Nmiller21k

Post by Nmiller21k »

That is a steal
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

Nmiller21k wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:51 pm That is a steal
Thank you for noticing!
This item is not gonna get any cheaper guys.
after this weekend I’ll probably pull the listing because I’ll be in the middle of moving and If I have to move it I should try break it down into parts or sell it after the market changes.
BUT!
it’s also another thing that I have to move into a room going from 350 ft.² to 1/2 that size and I’m already juggling a bunch of other professional kitchen equipment things picked up over the years that I don’t quite want to sell... Definitely can’t keep it all!
I figured it was a longshot to see if anyone was interested here...
but just so you know:
it is definitely a killer price!
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

I want to give this a bump.

I also thought about it and I'm not opposed to trades.
for instance I definitely need to and have been doing some reading and watching videos to find something to replace my petty/utility/sujihiki because my brother is going to end up keeping mine older one.

somewhere in the 210 mm range would be ideal.
or maybe another small takeda.....
or a morataka 250mm KS clone...
or.... you get the idea lol 🤪

I'm also open the suggestions!
if there is something that is interesting that you want to part with because you're interested in this but you don't necessarily want to spend the funds let me know and we'll go from there. 🤞👍🤘

I'm also not opposed to sharpening stones but I'm trying not to collect too many extra stones right now just because I like having a very minimal kit in that regard.
but if there's something cool that I haven't tried I might actually jump on it.
delmar

Post by delmar »

I know that blender! It is an industrial level beast. Had it behind a bar at work and was my go to for all the frilly bevs. Kinda like a vitamix on steroids. And amphetamines.

When I was prepping during the day and someone was hogging the Robo-Coupe, that thing came in handy.
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

delmar wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:35 pm I know that blender! It is an industrial level beast. Had it behind a bar at work and was my go to for all the frilly bevs. Kinda like a vitamix on steroids. And amphetamines.

When I was prepping during the day and someone was hogging the Robo-Coupe, that thing came in handy.
it's a great description for this!!
hahahaha.
yeah a vitamix doesn't even come close to the power of this thing.
vitas are awesome.... think of them as like really nice modern Volkswagens or maybe either BMW.
looks very modern has features and accessories that add to the overall value. and they have an outstanding track record.
so so warranty.... built-in fail time after x amount of hours.
Good luck trying to find parts or repair it yourself.
chances are you will just buy another one and hope that when they refurbish your original you can sell it to cover the cost of all the shipping and the hidden fees that normally pop up.
also Even though they are technically commercial or professional blenders they still feel like toys it's not quite masculine or rugged.
it's a very modern and very well thought out and designed product.

in comparison:
this thing is like a m1 Abrams or a panzer tank.
unbelievable indestructible build quality.

easily repairable....
even if you have no education and knee deep in whatever nightmare you're trying to breakthrough.
you can open this thing up and basically look at it and understand exactly what's going on. The drive shaft on these particular models doesn't burn out like every other blender on the market.

and because they're older and because they are so awesome you can still find a ton of parts for these on eBay or through different repair shops in the country at reasonable prices.

like I said if this doesn't sell it's not going to be a disappointment.
I'm not joking when I say I've taken this in to my last job when we had the prep for some giant parties and while the other cooks I were working with had to do nice cute little batches of whatever sauce....... I'm over here just destroying massive amounts of prep.
they wanted me to find this thing and then they were supposed to reimburse me but....covid....
thank God I never left it at work and always took it home with me.