USPS Shipping Delays

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Re: USPS Shipping Delays

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

jayyo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:34 pm Now it's going in circles!

July 27, 2020, 9:25 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on July 27, 2020 at 9:25 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

July 27, 2020, 2:45 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
MADISON WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 27, 2020, 12:44 am

July 26, 2020, 10:37 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility

July 26, 2020, 9:59 pm

July 26, 2020, 8:44 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
MADISON, WI 53719

July 7, 2020, 2:33 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
MADISON, WI 53719

July 7, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
Hi John,

Oak Creek seems to be the bottleneck and I get the feeling they're pushing mail to other distribution centers and that's where they're getting lost.

It should go right from there to Denver so let's hope. I'm watching yours so I'll be in touch. :)
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Susan

Post by Susan »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 am
jayyo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:34 pm Now it's going in circles!

July 27, 2020, 9:25 am
Your item arrived at our OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on July 27, 2020 at 9:25 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

July 27, 2020, 2:45 am

July 27, 2020, 12:44 am

July 26, 2020, 10:37 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility

July 26, 2020, 9:59 pm

July 26, 2020, 8:44 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
MADISON, WI 53719

July 7, 2020, 2:33 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
MADISON, WI 53719

July 7, 2020
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
Hi John,

Oak Creek seems to be the bottleneck and I get the feeling they're pushing mail to other distribution centers and that's where they're getting lost.

It should go right from there to Denver so let's hope. I'm watching yours so I'll be in touch. :)

Made it to CO: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 0857855073
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Tim, your order is "out for delivery"
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

jayyo your shipment is at the post office for pick up at your PO Box.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
taz575

Post by taz575 »

I know, I signed up for the text alerts! Can't wait, getting a black/blue G10 handle put on it :)
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Here's a new one. Let's hope it's not the start of a new batch of them from this past weekend.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 0925220741
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

The reality of the situation is USPS has much more than just a financial issue on their hands. They can do very little about the government dictating their cash flow. However, it would be a mistake to assume the issue is strictly financial. We have been hearing of USPS service woes since well before 2006 and they have certainly not gotten better. The moral is low, not all, but many of their employees are abysmal to interact with and as a customer you are treated without a shred of kindness. USPS is loosing the game, not because their financial picture is bleak, but because customers are sick of dealing with mediocre customer service and lack luster approach to problem solving. When I visit my Fed ex I am almost always greeted with a smile, a how can I help you and am generally thanked for the patronage. At USPS I am simply someone who is inconveniencing them by doing business with them.

USPS is a failure of management/root cause/HR both C-suite and middle level. They try to cover and ignore the underlying issues by saying they have financial woes.
taz575

Post by taz575 »

Mine arrived 😁
KIMG1670.JPG
KIMG1668.JPG
gladius

Post by gladius »

Kalaeb wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 pm The reality of the situation is USPS has much more than just a financial issue on their hands. They can do very little about the government dictating their cash flow. However, it would be a mistake to assume the issue is strictly financial. We have been hearing of USPS service woes since well before 2006 and they have certainly not gotten better. The moral is low, not all, but many of their employees are abysmal to interact with and as a customer you are treated without a shred of kindness. USPS is loosing the game, not because their financial picture is bleak, but because customers are sick of dealing with mediocre customer service and lack luster approach to problem solving. When I visit my Fed ex I am almost always greeted with a smile, a how can I help you and am generally thanked for the patronage. At USPS I am simply someone who is inconveniencing them by doing business with them.

USPS is a failure of management/root cause/HR both C-suite and middle level. They try to cover and ignore the underlying issues by saying they have financial woes.
---
Private vs. Government. The entire business model needs a change, it has been too institutionalized. Good to see the board understood this and for the first time ever selected an outside logistics leader.
Wjhunt

Post by Wjhunt »

I’m sorry but you are way off on this one gladius.
These problems will not be solved by Dejoy. He is only making things worse. Why would you slow the mail during a pandemic? This is just another mistake when it comes to dealing with the coronavirus. These mistakes are costing trillions of dollars.
My wife has been a member of the APWU for thirty years. The usps doesn’t need someone with no knowledge of how the mail works telling them what to do. The billions they put into that retirement fund can only be spent on treasury bonds. If they could make better investments the financial issues would disappear.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Dejoy was only put in place to further disrupt the USPS in efforts to bolster the argument to privatise.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
hz_zzzzzz

Post by hz_zzzzzz »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:00 pm Here's a new one. Let's hope it's not the start of a new batch of them from this past weekend.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 0925220741
This one is mine and it's out for delivery today! I thought it would take weeks but only 5 days. Lucky me!
gladius

Post by gladius »

Wjhunt wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:45 am I’m sorry but you are way off on this one gladius.
These problems will not be solved by Dejoy. He is only making things worse. Why would you slow the mail during a pandemic? This is just another mistake when it comes to dealing with the coronavirus. These mistakes are costing trillions of dollars.
My wife has been a member of the APWU for thirty years. The usps doesn’t need someone with no knowledge of how the mail works telling them what to do. The billions they put into that retirement fund can only be spent on treasury bonds. If they could make better investments the financial issues would disappear.
—-
Time will tell...
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

gladius wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:00 pm
Kalaeb wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 pm The reality of the situation is USPS has much more than just a financial issue on their hands. They can do very little about the government dictating their cash flow. However, it would be a mistake to assume the issue is strictly financial. We have been hearing of USPS service woes since well before 2006 and they have certainly not gotten better. The moral is low, not all, but many of their employees are abysmal to interact with and as a customer you are treated without a shred of kindness. USPS is loosing the game, not because their financial picture is bleak, but because customers are sick of dealing with mediocre customer service and lack luster approach to problem solving. When I visit my Fed ex I am almost always greeted with a smile, a how can I help you and am generally thanked for the patronage. At USPS I am simply someone who is inconveniencing them by doing business with them.

---
Private vs. Government. The entire business model needs a change, it has been too institutionalized. Good to see the board understood this and for the first time ever selected an outside logistics leader.
Private Postal service will instantly drop rural customers as they are too costly. The framers of the Constitution knew the value of communications to all of our citizens and it should not be profit driven. Many people rely on postal services for family communications, bill paying, voting, reliable private communications, etc. I don't see a private business providing that to the American people.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

We love the postal service and as soon as they get through these difficult times we'll be using them again for most of our shipments as usual. We've made many friends with the carriers that have served us over the past 20 years. We want them to succeed, but we want our customers to get their packages and we owe it to them to do what we can to work around these issues until things are back to normal.

Our current carrier is Mikey and his back up is Ken. They bust their butts for us!
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
taz575

Post by taz575 »

The local post offices I go to are very friendly and give great service. Its hard to get someone from USPS on the phone; I paid for overnight delivery and the package sat in Long Island (Astoria) for several days and it took a while to get someone over there to deliver it. The customer knew it was coming, so he was at the restaurant and saw the mail person walk right by the door he was waiting by and then saw it got scanned later as undeliverable or something ridiculous like that when the guy didn't even come to the door. The package sat at the post office for a few days until I raised hell and found out that it was an ongoing issue in that post office, but no one wanted to address it. I got the shipping money back and the customer got the knife way late, but it was frustrating to deal with.
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

Wjhunt wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:45 am I’m sorry but you are way off on this one gladius.

I have to totally agree with you on this as the leadership of Dejoy seems to be trying to destroy the post office not operate it.
Last edited by jacko9 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RamenMonster69

Post by RamenMonster69 »

Until recently, I've had tremendously good experiences with the post office for the most part, and some bad ones. But also feel the same about UPS and FedEx. They've lost things before and not arrived when they said they would. Private vs public has nothing to do with it. Plenty of countries have public or publicly owned postal services that do great. I'm always really impressed how fast Japan's gets here. Hope shit gets back to normal soon.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

There is no joy in Dejoy. It appears that the crux of the problem is dubious leadership and an attempt to make mailin voting more difficult.

I depend on usps and hope things improve rather than deteriorate further.

Ken
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Where's my package Ken! (kidding)
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo