WTS: Kochi, Yoshikane, Zakuri

Here you can research prices of sold items.
J david

WTS: Kochi, Yoshikane, Zakuri

Post by J david »

I'm looking to minimize my collection so I'm offering some knives that I considered keepers. I wouldn't be selling these if I didn't need the cash so please no trade offers.

Kochi 240 V2 gyuto with burnt chestnut / buffalo horn octagonal handle. I am the second owner of this knife and purchased it from a respected memeber. The knife is well cared for and has perfect bevels for polishing. It currently has patina which I can remove by request. The steel is great and it is thin behind the edge while having some heft at the spine and good distal taper. Comes with box. No saya.

Heel to tip: 240.5mm
Weight: 201g / 7.1 oz
Height: 51.5mm
Spine above heel: 4.3mm
Spine halfway: 2.4mm
Spine 1cm from tip: 1.2mm
Price: $220 shipped domestic $250 shipped international

Yoshikane V2 165 honesuki with burnt chestnut / buffalo horn octagonal handle. I am the second owner of this knife as well. It is a regularly used knife in my house and has a super tough hamaguri grind. It has heft but is still nimble enough and inspires confidence for plowing through poultry. It takes a great edge and has a ton of life left in it. It has some patina and some very minor pitting toward the tip that you can see on the pics that would be worked out with a couple of sharpenings. Comes with box. No saya

Heel to tip: 166mm
Weight: 191g / 6.7oz
Height: 48.5mm
Spine above heel: 5.3mm
Spine halfway: 4.7mm
Spine 1cm from tip: 3.3mm
Price: SOLD. $215 shipped domestic $245 international

Zakuri Blacksmith 210mm funayuki Blue steel damascus with ebony / buffalo horn octagonal handle. I purchased this knife at auction some years ago and I don't know much about it except that it is made by the same blacksmith that is responsible for Zakuri. I have tried to find similar knives made by him but have not had luck in doing so. This knife I used mostly for a stone tester. It is an absolute joy to polish and it will tell you what a stone is capable of. I do occasionally use it to break down small fish but I have other stuff for that. It is extremely thin behind the edge and I would suggest anyone purchasing this for regular use to apply a microbevel. I have had some micro chipping when going through salmon bones but a microbevel fixes that. The handle ferule junction has a bit of a gap that was there when I purchased it and has not changed since I have owned it which is to say that it is seems strong and stable. Since I can not find any comps, I really don't know its value. I am offering it at what I paid, $265 shipped domestic, which I suspect is somewhat lower than what it's actual value. (by comparison, a 195mm non damascus blue steel Zakuri deba retails for $360) Comes with box. No saya.

Heel to tip: 211mm
Weight: 248g / 8.75 oz
Height: 45mm
Spine above heel: 5.3mm
Spine halfway: 3.8mm
Spine at tip grind: 2.4mm
Price: $265 shipped domestic $295 international

If anyone has any questions or needs more pics, please let me know.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by J david on Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J david

Re: WTS: Kochi, Yoshikane, Zakuri

Post by J david »

Yoshikane is SPF
J david

Post by J david »

Yoshi is SOLD.
J david

Post by J david »

Zakuri is SPF