I’m still adding drops of CBN emulsions/pastes to stones, belts, and strops

Moderator: ken123

funtown

I’m still adding drops of CBN emulsions/pastes to stones, belts, and strops

Post by funtown »

Hey Ken. People here don’t know me, but we used to talk to each other about sharpening over email and on the phone. Almost 10 years ago, you sold me a range of CBN emulsions and pastes, From 80 to 0.5 microns.

I’m still adding them to stones, strops, and linen belts. Last night, I reprofiled some M4 with the quickness using 80 micron CBN on a 320 SG. The 80 micron sped things up to ludicrous speed, and I chuckled at the brilliance, efficiency, and longevity of your potions.

I might need to buy more emulsion in another 10 years and I’ll prob never find stuff this good again.

The internet misses you. Your little bottles are still bringing people joy.
XexoX

Re: I’m still adding drops of CBN emulsions/pastes to stones, belts, and strops

Post by XexoX »

funtown wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:01 am Hey Ken. People here don’t know me, but we used to talk to each other about sharpening over email and on the phone. Almost 10 years ago, you sold me a range of CBN emulsions and pastes, From 80 to 0.5 microns.

I’m still adding them to stones, strops, and linen belts. Last night, I reprofiled some M4 with the quickness using 80 micron CBN on a 320 SG. The 80 micron sped things up to ludicrous speed, and I chuckled at the brilliance, efficiency, and longevity of your potions.

I might need to buy more emulsion in another 10 years and I’ll prob never find stuff this good again.

The internet misses you. Your little bottles are still bringing people joy.
If you are addressing Ken Schwartz, then you should know he passed away 9/11/2021. Here is a thread about his passing. We miss Ken here everyday.

Last, but not least, welcome to the forum.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
funtown

Post by funtown »

I know. I should have been more clear. I was just feeling sentimental and thinking of Ken while sharpening with his potions the other day, so I decided to throw something up here. I was lurker forever, and spent a lot of time chatting with Ken about sharpening. I’ll be sad when I run out of these emulsions, especially the real coarse stuff. 30 micron and larger is very difficult to find.

He was the nicest guy. You’d send him an email and next thing you knew, you were on the phone with him for an hour. He taught me a lot. I figured why not write him a little something.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

funtown wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:25 pm I know. I should have been more clear. I was just feeling sentimental and thinking of Ken while sharpening with his potions the other day, so I decided to throw something up here. I was lurker forever, and spent a lot of time chatting with Ken about sharpening. I’ll be sad when I run out of these emulsions, especially the real coarse stuff. 30 micron and larger is very difficult to find.

He was the nicest guy. You’d send him an email and next thing you knew, you were on the phone with him for an hour. He taught me a lot. I figured why not write him a little something.
Sweetly sad. Keep writing him. You are among friends here.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

funtown wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:25 pm He was the nicest guy. You’d send him an email and next thing you knew, you were on the phone with him for an hour. He taught me a lot. I figured why not write him a little something.
It's amazing how many of us have had the same experience.