No Dates on Customer Reviews anymore!

Please report any issues you are having with the forum here.
Bob Z

No Dates on Customer Reviews anymore!

Post by Bob Z »

When I look at Yelp restaurant reviews, I always sort it by "most recent" I don't care what happened last year or 2 yrs ago. And for knives I believe they evolve and want to see the most recent stuff also but...

Sadly the dates are missing for CKTG customer reviews! ! Knife quality and attributes etc continue to change over time. Makers might respond to reviews with issues and correct them etc (or other items may go away like hand engraved kanji) and since we (and the makers ) don't know how current the review is, its more difficult to determine the value of the review. For instance, the last review for a Kono HD2 210 is mine from 4 yrs ago!
Its time to put the dates back into the reviews!
XexoX

Re: No Dates on Customer Reviews anymore!

Post by XexoX »

Oh. For a minute there I thought people were trying to use the reviews as a dating app.

I agree with you, having the dates on the reviews is important.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Re: No Dates on Customer Reviews anymore!

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

After the database got corrupted I decided to show dates within the past year before the dates drop off. So if you see no date the review are older than a year. I did this instead of showing corrupt dates from 1972. The other option was to delete all reviews and start over.

Here is the last reviewed product from a few days ago that shows the dates. All new ones have them. https://www.chefknivestogo.com/xin30gu21.html
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html