Snow Day

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Snow Day

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Quite a snow storm we had today. We decided to stay home instead of braving the weather. We’ll try and get caught up tomorrow!
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
trancher

Re: Snow Day

Post by trancher »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:55 pm Quite a snow storm we had today. We decided to stay home instead of braving the weather. We’ll try and get caught up tomorrow!
Any snow men constructed or legendary snowball fights?
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

We're having 4 nights of 20 or below, and three days were the day time temps do not break 30. Not usual for this part of Oregon. It happens. Just hope I don't lose power like the last time. Took them 6 days to get it back on. Of course there were only 5 of us on that repair stretch powerless, so I think we were the last ones in the state to get our power back.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
TheLegalRazor

Post by TheLegalRazor »

Sunny and in the 70's today in Miami. Weather is one of the major reasons I live in Florida. Good luck to all of you facing these winter storms. I hope you're safe and don't lose power.
Last edited by TheLegalRazor on Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ricardo
jmcnelly85

Post by jmcnelly85 »

I think the Madison snow day isn’t snowballs and snowmen as much as looking out the window and thinking “I don’t wanna drive in that” while cracking a beer.
Radar53

Post by Radar53 »

My thoughts and best wishes go out to you guys today and hoping everyone is staying safe and warm. The weather worldwide is going crazy and 2023 brought us some challenges and records we didn't need.
Cheers Grant

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!!
Kekoa

Post by Kekoa »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:55 pm Quite a snow storm we had today. We decided to stay home instead of braving the weather. We’ll try and get caught up tomorrow!
Stay safe! We had some tornadoes 15 miles north of us last night, the power briefly went out. Other than getting up early in the morning and herding all the kids into our tornado spot, it turned out tame where we are at. Expecting some cold weather and possible snow coming our way Monday. We just made the most massive Costco trip that anybody has ever done though, so we are ready if we get stuck indoors for a bit! We live 2 hours from Costco and have a lot of people in our house, so with the weather on forecast we figured we should stock up. Like literally seven carts of groceries... :shock: :D
TheLegalRazor

Post by TheLegalRazor »

Kekoa wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:01 pm
Stay safe! We had some tornadoes 15 miles north of us last night, the power briefly went out. Other than getting up early in the morning and herding all the kids into our tornado spot, it turned out tame where we are at. Expecting some cold weather and possible snow coming our way Monday. We just made the most massive Costco trip that anybody has ever done though, so we are ready if we get stuck indoors for a bit! We live 2 hours from Costco and have a lot of people in our house, so with the weather on forecast we figured we should stock up. Like literally seven carts of groceries... :shock: :D
That sounds like us in Miami when a hurricane is barreling down towards us. Stay safe!
Ricardo
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Stayed home here too...we got crushed( just about 80 miles east of you). Snow well exceeded the top of the snowblower.
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

And here on the doorstep of New York City? It's been 2 years since we've had more than an inch of snow and counting.

It's all my fault. Shouldn't have gone out and bought that snow blower.
jknife

Post by jknife »

Hope you got your guitar out and had some fun!
I think your snow finally made it up here today and my drums are calling me.
The pig is a magical animal. It takes vegetables and turns them into bacon.
ex1580

Post by ex1580 »

Earlier this week a big weather system came through and everything was closed. I was annoyed that the kids stayed home from school for a little breeze, then I looked at the weather radar and saw the tornado warnings north and south of us. Somehow we just got lucky and slipped through a little crack in the front where there was only a little rain.
Sam
trancher

Post by trancher »

Ya'll don't forget to feed the birdies. :D
jdolbeer

Post by jdolbeer »

I'm curious, has this been extended? It looks like the label for an order was created on Friday, but it hasn't been sent over to UPS yet.
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

I wouldn't be surprised if UPS is running slow or if cktg needed to shut the doors due to the extreme weather this past week.
I just checked, the wind chill is -22*F in Madison right now.