Yahiko Sanjo White #2 Nashiji Gyuto 210mm

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Yahiko Sanjo White #2 Nashiji Gyuto 210mm

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Title: OUTSTANDING
Rating: 5
Product Code: yawh2nagy211 https://www.chefknivestogo.com/yawh2nagy211.html

This is an amazing knife. Fit and finish are on point. The D-shape handle is comfortable. Out of the box sharpness is very good, not quite great but easily enhanced. What really stands out is the grinds and performance. I have several gyutos, and this one goes through food like a completely different beast - it literally falls through things. My other knives are kept very sharp and perform very well, but the first time I used this knife I thought "Ohhhh, now I understand what all the fuss is about!". I read about how much grinds and profile make a difference but until I used this knife it didn't really resonate. Maybe it's like thinking you know what good cars are all about and then getting a chance to drive a Ferrari (I wouldn't know but the analogy makes sense to me).
Do yourself a favor - get this knife. It completely changed how I think about performance standards in the kitchen. Steve says much the same thing in his review video and he is not wrong. I love using this knife.

Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Robstreperous

Re: Yahiko Sanjo White #2 Nashiji Gyuto 210mm

Post by Robstreperous »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:13 am Title: OUTSTANDING
Rating: 5
Product Code: yawh2nagy211 https://www.chefknivestogo.com/yawh2nagy211.html

This is an amazing knife. Fit and finish are on point. The D-shape handle is comfortable. Out of the box sharpness is very good, not quite great but easily enhanced. What really stands out is the grinds and performance. I have several gyutos, and this one goes through food like a completely different beast - it literally falls through things. My other knives are kept very sharp and perform very well, but the first time I used this knife I thought "Ohhhh, now I understand what all the fuss is about!". I read about how much grinds and profile make a difference but until I used this knife it didn't really resonate. Maybe it's like thinking you know what good cars are all about and then getting a chance to drive a Ferrari (I wouldn't know but the analogy makes sense to me).
Do yourself a favor - get this knife. It completely changed how I think about performance standards in the kitchen. Steve says much the same thing in his review video and he is not wrong. I love using this knife.

Hi. That's certainly an exciting review.

Just so I'm clear since the poster shows as CKTG is this review from Mark? Or is it a repost of another user's comments? Kind of like the way Sue will repost customer comments sometimes.

If it really is from Mark it's going on my buy list immediately.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Hi Rob,

No, it's from a reviewer named Jeff who posted the review on our website today. I just brought it over so others can see it.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
d_rap

Post by d_rap »

Also check out ared715's review of the same knife from 2019.http://chefknivestogoforums.com/viewtop ... d6e#p94903
As a brand new buyer here I got lucky on this knife after watching Steve's video and reading ared's review. I would call it a great all-rounder, thin enough to cut very well but with that touch of forward heft that feels decisive, and W2 treated for toughness. I love the burnt chestnut handle aesthetically and for comfort. Overall the vibe is rustic, ready to work.

Other than it being somewhat more reactive than ared suggests in my experience, it is very much as he and Jeff say: a fantastic knife.
David
ared715

Post by ared715 »

Thanks for the props David!

I sure wish these were still available.....

They had much better grind, F&F and handle than other Munetoshis on the market, although they're great as well. I just preferred this version.

Maybe Mark can shed some light on the subject of future availability on this line?
gladius

Post by gladius »

I bought the Munetoshi on another sight and must say it IS a fantastic knife.