New stones coming to market

If you have questions about sharpening products, steels or techniques post them here.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

New stones coming to market

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I think I'll get yelled at if I reveal to much but there is a new Japanese stone company hitting the market very soon. They should be unique to the market (not repackaged and rebranded existing stones). As soon as I get permission I'll do the reveal. Look for them around the same time as we move. I'm sampling some prototypes in a few days which should be fun. Not sure if we need another line of stones but I like to try new stuff just like you guys do.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
nevrknow

Re: New stones coming to market

Post by nevrknow »

Hint? Grit ranges? :) Inquiring minds want to know.
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm I think I'll get yelled at if I reveal to much but there is a new Japanese stone company hitting the market very soon. They should be unique to the market (not repackaged and rebranded existing stones). As soon as I get permission I'll do the reveal. Look for them around the same time as we move. I'm sampling some prototypes in a few days which should be fun. Not sure if we need another line of stones but I like to try new stuff just like you guys do.
That is it! I am writing off synthetic stones right here and now! I just don't need anymore. Okay, that will never work. If there are new stones I will likely try them but I surely don't need them.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Perfect timing. I am pretty much done buying knives, going to try to limit to just one custom. But stones....no limit there:)
Ourorboros

Post by Ourorboros »

Feel & speed? Soakers?
salemj

Post by salemj »

I'm guessing that these will be distinctive because they will come in exclusively "Frozen" colors for the user's enjoyment. Haha.

I still really wish I knew more about great stones in the 800-1200 range. It would be nice to have something new in that range that leaves a great "food" edge that strops well at 5k or with compound without losing a great veggie bite.
~J

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and have tried dozens of brands over the years.
Gregory27

Post by Gregory27 »

Kalaeb wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 pmI am pretty much done buying knives,
I keep telling myself that too.
datster

Post by datster »

Gregory27 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:18 am
Kalaeb wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 pmI am pretty much done buying knives,
I keep telling myself that too.
ME TOO! Says the guy who has two new arrivals in the mail this week.
Sharperisbtr

Post by Sharperisbtr »

Just getting started. All the more to choose from and try!
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I'll do a video in a couple days just to give you a taste of them.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Jsgillis86

Post by Jsgillis86 »

Kit Craft wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:58 pm
ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm I think I'll get yelled at if I reveal to much but there is a new Japanese stone company hitting the market very soon. They should be unique to the market (not repackaged and rebranded existing stones). As soon as I get permission I'll do the reveal. Look for them around the same time as we move. I'm sampling some prototypes in a few days which should be fun. Not sure if we need another line of stones but I like to try new stuff just like you guys do.
That is it! I am writing off synthetic stones right here and now! I just don't need anymore. Okay, that will never work. If there are new stones I will likely try them but I surely don't need them.
But Kit- there's so many you haven't tried!  Oh, the 1200 Bamboo.  My synthetic Monzen.  Well, not as evolved an experience in a synthetic.  More of a "I really wanna use my Monzen but I just plain ol' don't have the time of day to be sucked into the time bending vortex of a stone that thing is so I'm gonna use this one because it's damn close and much more user friendly" stone.  So soft and creamy and does all the work for you...  Mmm..  Thinning convex grinds?  Pfft.

How 'bout the 2k Olive?  Oh man, why have I not told you about that one?

Actually, hit me up via PM dude.  I have half a mind telling me you might covet that one.
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Jsgillis86 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:19 am
Kit Craft wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:58 pm
But Kit- there's so many you haven't tried!  Oh, the 1200 Bamboo.  My synthetic Monzen.  Well, not as evolved an experience in a synthetic.  More of a "I really wanna use my Monzen but I just plain ol' don't have the time of day to be sucked into the time bending vortex of a stone that thing is so I'm gonna use this one because it's damn close and much more user friendly" stone.  So soft and creamy and does all the work for you...  Mmm..  Thinning convex grinds?  Pfft.

How 'bout the 2k Olive?  Oh man, why have I not told you about that one?

Actually, hit me up via PM dude.  I have half a mind telling me you might covet that one.
Hah, I am sure there are a lot I have not tried but I have really got sucked down the rabbit hole when it comes to naturals. :mrgreen:
Jason B.

Post by Jason B. »

Any updates Mark?
SanDiego

Post by SanDiego »

If there is a quality line of new stones with some technological advancements - I will definitely hazard an order.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Getting ancy to hear more.....
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
DonnieFi

Post by DonnieFi »

I have a family member hopping the border in a couple of weeks, and I am going to try and skip international shipping. Will the new stones be revealed and availability in 2-3 weeks?