Tonight's Beer

Share your culinary creations, recipes, food knowledge, restaurant recommendations, etc.
J david

Re: Tonight's Beer

Post by J david »

timos

Post by timos »

mauichef wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:00 pm Life reflects Beer Art!
Kanpai!

thwe beer looks very interesting but the view is absolutely stunning!
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

I was having problems with imgur, so i didn't post some beers. But im a big fan of this thread and beer.

ashy2classy

Post by ashy2classy »

Picked this stuff up over the weekend at Root Down Brewery in Phoenixville, PA. GOOOOD stuff!
DRIP.jpg
RootDown.jpg
gladius

Post by gladius »

ashy2classy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 am
gladius wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:10 am
Cutuu wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm Whats the knive next to Betty?
---
Masakage Zero AS by Saji - wow!
OT: would love to see a review of it, gladius. Checked them out with the sale this month but decided I'd rather put that money towards some U.S. makers I'm waiting to try.

—-
Didn’t you end up getting the Saji?
ashy2classy

Post by ashy2classy »

gladius wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:11 pm
ashy2classy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 am
gladius wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:10 am
---
Masakage Zero AS by Saji - wow!
OT: would love to see a review of it, gladius. Checked them out with the sale this month but decided I'd rather put that money towards some U.S. makers I'm waiting to try.

—-
Didn’t you end up getting the Saji?
Yep. Then I sold it like a week later. LOL! Really wanted to try a Kurosaki western so I figured that was the ticket. Liked it at first but found it just wasn't for me, especially for the money. Now I have a Tanaka black micarta R2 western 210 on the way. Been wanting an ironwood western and finally found one (albeit a black micarta) with the right specs.
gladius

Post by gladius »

ashy2classy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:59 pm Yep. Then I sold it like a week later. LOL! Really wanted to try a Kurosaki western so I figured that was the ticket. Liked it at first but found it just wasn't for me, especially for the money. Now I have a Tanaka black micarta R2 western 210 on the way. Been wanting an ironwood western and finally found one (albeit a black micarta) with the right specs.

—-
Interesting. This is my first SajI and still haven’t fully explored it yet. So far I really enjoy using it and find it quite capable with all tasks. It reminds me of a cross between a Koishi and Anryu and similar to Richmond Laser (Kurosaki).
bosco

Post by bosco »

I am going out for some Hoegaarden tonight on tap!!
J david

Post by J david »

Started with this.

Moved on to this.

Now I'm on this.

Good night all.
timos

Post by timos »

Just a pic I grabbed off of the net. Boy, this companyu sure knows how to brew beer. Excellent rendition here
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
timos

Post by timos »

ohh man these things are tasty! not too sweet, not too tart, not too bitter, perfect body...hands down the best summer beer (adjunct style) ive ever had

Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

--s. suzuki
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
LostHighway

Post by LostHighway »

In my rather checkered career history I've a been a wine and beer buyer and I'm hoping we can kick this thread back into a regular posting routine.
The beers I had last night were Fair State's (local Minneapolis brewing cooperative) Hefeweizen and Pahlay'Ahlay Pale Ale,both solid but neither exceptional IMO.
I'm a big proponent of beers that work well with a wide range of food,for me in the summer, that means Saisons, Kölsch and Hefeweizens along with pale ales and pilsners. There are exceptions but I tend to prefer the European examples of these beers to their American offspring.
Brasserie Dupont is the benchmark Saison IMO and was partially responsible for the revival of the style in the 1970s albeit at a higher (6.5%) ABV than late 19th and early 20th C Saisons. Brasserie de Blaugies and Klein Brouwerij de Glazen Toren also produce fine Saisons. Boulevard's Tank 7 is probably my favorite among widely available American takes on Saisons with the caveat that it is way hoppier and higher ABV (8.5%) than strictly true-to-style.
For Kólsch I recommend Reissdorf Kólsch, Sünner Kölsch and Früh Kölsch as good benchmarks to judge the American examples by but try avoid dusty bottles that have been sitting around for months or years.
The clove/banana/bubblegum notes in Hefeweizens aren't universally loved but if you like these beers Weihenstephaner and Schneider are my personal benchmarks. Again, you have to on guard against bottles that have sat around too long,especially if exposed to heat or too much UV and visible blue light.
gladius

Post by gladius »

This Sculpin went down so good after an exhausting week.

timos

Post by timos »

was in stowe, vt this past weekend...boy what a place to be for good draft beer. I had a heady topper (from a can of course) a hill farmstead edward pale ale and an excellent sour from hermit thrush brewery...if you like sours that was one of the best I have had.
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

--s. suzuki
ashy2classy

Post by ashy2classy »

timos wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:18 am was in stowe, vt this past weekend...boy what a place to be for good draft beer. I had a heady topper (from a can of course) a hill farmstead edward pale ale and an excellent sour from hermit thrush brewery...if you like sours that was one of the best I have had.
Vermont has some of the best beer around. Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, Lawson's Finest, the list goes on. Just fantastic stuff! I hope you brought some back with you!!! Sip of Sunshine is my #1, all time favorite beer. SOOO GOOD!
Last edited by ashy2classy on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
ashy2classy

Post by ashy2classy »

gladius wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:55 pm This Sculpin went down so good after an exhausting week.
Good stuff!!!
CacahuateSommelier

Post by CacahuateSommelier »

How am I barely finding this thread!?

Pugachevs Rum & a small pour with Tahitian Vanilla Added
Attachments
8E021E87-E228-4A88-8A58-F340B9081520.jpeg
CacahuateSommelier

Post by CacahuateSommelier »

This thing is nuts!