WTS: Yahiko Ice 240 W#2 -SOLD!

Here you can research prices of sold items.
jbart65

WTS: Yahiko Ice 240 W#2 -SOLD!

Post by jbart65 »

Yahiko Ice 240 W#2

Weight: 5.8 oz
Height: 50 mm
Length: 244mm

Price: $220 fees and shipping included

Semi catch and release. I bought this for $260 a few weeks ago. CKTG only got four of them and Mark says the next batch will have a substantial price increase.

Terrific knife. One of the best I’ve used. Yoshikane is the alleged smith, and if so, people should really snap up these knives, new or used. I plan to get the bunka version of the Ice. Think of it as a semi-laser and push cutter par excellence.

See more on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6824

In the third photo, the edge shows a light spot. There is no patina on that spot yet. I don’t want to use polish to remove the light patina so I don’t damage the gorgeous frost coating, but I can remove the patina if a buyer prefers.

CKTG photo

MY photos

Jeffry B
Lepus

Re: FS: Yahiko Ice 240 W#2

Post by Lepus »

I'm a little surprised this one is still here. It looks like a simple, extremely high performance no-nonsense gyuto for someone who wants a knife with minimal adornment, a good starting point for an experienced cook or a pro who doesn't work in insane volume. I'm thinking about picking it up and reselling it myself after some time with it.
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

I replaced my lost polishing paste and cleaned up all the blades for sale. Simichrome polish and some baking soda paste on cork.

The Ice is hard to work with in terms of getting the patina out on the edge. Trying to avoid damaging the frost finish is an added complication.

I am also surprised this has not sold. One of the best knives I have used. It's a laser for those who don't like lasers. Not sure it's a work knife, though, given the finish. Yet it's an incredibly precise knife that can do a lot in the right hands. New or used, I highly recommend this line.

In any case, the price won't go any lower. It's basically brand new and the price on the next batch is going up. I was only going to sell so I could get the bunka version, but I will happily keep it.

Jeffry B
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

Somebody is missing out for sure, I can only assume this is on par with the hakata version that I have and it's easily one of my favorites.
jbart65

Re: WTS: Yahiko Ice 240 W#2

Post by jbart65 »

Per Mark's recent post on classifieds, I adjusted my price structure to eliminate F&F option.
Jeffry B
Komikhan

Post by Komikhan »

Oooh man I'm tempted.
Looking into my first high-end knife, was going to go stainless (Tanaka G from K&S) for general ease of use but this is making me reconsider... Now I just have to make four posts so I can PM you about it :P
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

Feel free to email me, Komikhan

jbart65@gmail.com
Jeffry B
Komikhan

Post by Komikhan »

Emailed, thanks!
Fishman7

Post by Fishman7 »

message sent
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

Sold.
Jeffry B
Jeff B

Re: WTS: Yahiko Ice 240 W#2 -SOLD!

Post by Jeff B »

Wow, that took long enough at that price, great deal!
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

This is an incredible deal all right. Basically I spent $40 to cook a handful of meals over a week. Worth it, though. Superb knife for home users. One of the best I've tried. Now I am going to get an Ice 180 bunka since I don't own any bunkas.

Not just the Ice, either. The Yahiko Kurouchi and Nashiji are made by the same smith (Yoshikane). Fantastic knives that Mark and Steve have both raved about. Yet so little buzz ...
Jeffry B
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

jbart65 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:52 am This is an incredible deal all right. Basically I spent $40 to cook a handful of meals over a week. Worth it, though. Superb knife for home users. One of the best I've tried. Now I am going to get an Ice 180 bunka since I don't own any bunkas.

Not just the Ice, either. The Yahiko Kurouchi and Nashiji are made by the same smith (Yoshikane). Fantastic knives that Mark and Steve have both raved about. Yet so little buzz ...
That bunka is at the top of my list!!! fantastic specs. Hope to the Lord I can buy it before it goes OOS. Darn money problems :evil:
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

Glad you mentioned the bunka, Spence. I just checked and there was only one left!

Now there are none left. (-:

If they don't come back in stock anytime soon, perhaps a lap around the racetrack is in your future ...
Jeffry B
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

jbart65 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:08 pm Glad you mentioned the bunka, Spence. I just checked and there was only one left!

Now there are none left. (-:

If they don't come back in stock anytime soon, perhaps a lap around the racetrack is in your future ...
Son of a gun!!! I didn’t see it marked as “ one left”, so I thought I’d be good for a while. Fudge!!! I’ll be willing to pay the price increase. This ice looks absolutely superior to almost all the other bunkas. Thanks Jeff!