Permanent ban on ip address

Please report any issues you are having with the forum here.
jmcnelly85

Permanent ban on ip address

Post by jmcnelly85 »

When logged on to my works wi-fi using my iPhone it gives me a "permanent ban" message due to the IP address; however, disconnecting from wifi remedies the issues.
Klotf

Re: Permanent ban on ip address

Post by Klotf »

Same here
salemj

Post by salemj »

Same here. It drives me crazy and keeps me off the forum for the whole day (for me it is both computer and phone). I tried sending two emails to the email address that shows up with the message to no avail, and I even reported it to our IT but their solution did not fix the problem.
~Joe

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and own mostly Konosukes but have used over a dozen brands.
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

PM me your outside (Internet, WAN) IP addresses and I'll look into it. I don't want your internal IP address (192.168.....), I need the Internet address that you're using at the time. If you go to Google.com and enter "What's my IP" it should show your Internet facing IP.

I've been banning larger chunks from Eastern European countries and China in an effort to stop the spammers, but I might be cutting too wide of a swath. I can fix that if I know your IP's.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

I was worried because it said I was permanently banned when I looked up the forum on my phone on my break at work.
but then I remembered that I had the same problem a long time ago on another forum and it was the same thing.
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

I made a change for jmcnelly and ask him to test it out. I think that one is fixed.

@salemj, klotf & dAviD - I'm not banning the IP's that our system has for your last login info, but you're probably talking about other addresses that don't work ;-).
salemj

Post by salemj »

Yeah, I cannot check the problematic IPs until I'm back in the office tomorrow. My home IPs always work fine! Oddly enough, I have trouble anywhere on campus, which must include 100s of IPs. I can only assume that they are batched somehow according to the network...if there are specific things to check in this regard, just let me (or others) know.
~Joe

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and own mostly Konosukes but have used over a dozen brands.
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Joe, your campus will normally have just one outgoing Internet facing IP that all the traffic flows through. Send the info as I mentioned above and I'll get 'er fixed :-).
jmcnelly85

Post by jmcnelly85 »

Fixed, thanks Steve.
littleroundman

Post by littleroundman »

Received the same "Your IP is permanently banned" message when I accessed the forum five minutes ago.

Rebooting the modem gave me a new IP and was able to log in OK

BTW, the "contact administration" link on the page advising of the IP ban points to: donotreply@chefknivestogoforums.com which is hardly helpful
Christopher B.

Post by Christopher B. »

Hello,

I also get a page indicating I have been permanently banned, but I don't know why. Is it possible to un-ban me?

My IP is: 31.10.161.16

Thanks!
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

I took care of Chris through PMs.