New edge pro diamond stones

CKTG has a large amount of Edge Pro products so we've dedicated a forum to questions on Edge Pro sharpening systems, accessories and techniques.
Drafter

New edge pro diamond stones

Post by Drafter »

I have a cktg diamond stone for the ep 140 and 400 I really like them. I am fixing to buy the 1000. I saw the edge pro has a whole line up of diamond stones has anyone tried any of these how do they compare to the cktg diamond stones. I am really more interested in the higher grits than the lower for finishing type stone
JoeWheels

Re: New edge pro diamond stones

Post by JoeWheels »

Haven't tried the CKTG diamond stones, but have used the Atoma 140, 400, 600, and 1200 for EP quite a bit.
I got the EP Diamaker "stones" a while back to continue beyond the 1200, and am happy to say they're terrific.
They're not real fast at removing metal like the Atomas, but once you've got the bevel set, they cut well with very even scratch patterns.
Very predictable, consistent, and smooth. A light touch works better than heavy pressure.
Especially for hard metals; they make excellent finishing stones.
Drafter

Post by Drafter »

I like the diamond stones cause there is no mess with water. Do you use water with the edge pro diamond stones and do they dish
JoeWheels

Post by JoeWheels »

Definitely use with water.
For lubrication, cooling, and keeping the dust down, and minimizing scratches too.
So far no dishing.
I'm using light, full strokes to apply the whole stone as much as possible.
BillyJack

Post by BillyJack »

The new Diamond Matrix Stones from EP are fantastic!! I have a sharpening business and sharpen knives almost daily. I purchased the entire Diamond Matrix line from EP and have been using them for months now. They need very little pressure, and they have a very long usable service life. The results are flat out awesome...My edges have never looked better!
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

BillyJack wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:03 pm The new Diamond Matrix Stones from EP are fantastic!! I have a sharpening business and sharpen knives almost daily. I purchased the entire Diamond Matrix line from EP and have been using them for months now. They need very little pressure, and they have a very long usable service life. The results are flat out awesome...My edges have never looked better!
Hadnt heard of them until your post, watched a couple you tube videos. I think I’m gonna order some, looks like nice stones.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
Practical sharpening

Post by Practical sharpening »

You could also check cbn resin bonded stones. Cbn gives a little better finish. They come from #80 grit up to #8000 and you can choose from 16 different grits. Same price range.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Practical sharpening wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:22 am You could also check cbn resin bonded stones. Cbn gives a little better finish. They come from #80 grit up to #8000 and you can choose from 16 different grits. Same price range.
I checked the CBN stones out too. Mainly watched a couple Micheal Christie videos on you tube. They look good too. Decisions. :?
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”