Anyone know what this is worth?

Post your shave related topics here.
Chefspence

Anyone know what this is worth?

Post by Chefspence »

First time I've even held one of these. Selling for a client of mine, but no idea of the value. Seems vintage. Here's my classifieds link...
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3481

Thanks for any insight
Chefspence

Re: Anyone know what this is worth?

Post by Chefspence »

Hello anyone on this forum :?:
J david

Post by J david »

I bet you would have better luck here

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Honestly...you are not going to like this, but likely between 10 and 20 dollars, the top end being if it was shave ready and judging from the pics, I don't think this one is there.

Appeal for vintage knives and razors comes and goes with each season (at least it seems like it).

Generally not a good idea to flip vintage items unless you have a specific demographic in mind and really know what you are doing. Someone like #upbeatvintage may have better luck because he already has a vintage collector crowd. But trying it on a knife forum...probably not going to happen.
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

Thanks guys. I don't know jack about this so any help is appreciated. Maybe I'll just take it off the classifieds. I have an ebay store too. Perhaps that's a better choice.
Eutectic

Post by Eutectic »

+1 that these things really fluctuate and value is hard to nail down. Best indicator is to have it on eBay where people can bid. If this were polished up and shave ready I imagine it might bring up to $30 on ebay - that is a guess just based on what I have seen.
bepsywasp

Anyone know what this is worth

Post by bepsywasp »

Yeah someone please let me know. Ive seen people say the ltr ones work but i also seen some say they dont work В В Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lsboogy

Post by lsboogy »

Boker stuff seems to bring money, but most others are only cheap - I have my grampa's swiss razor - never use it (Gillette double blade with father blades is my choice) - seems to be a weird market with brand the important thing. I get a great shave with my dads stuff
old onion

Post by old onion »

Another fun topic. I just use my old 1950's Gillete safety razor and cheap Dollar store Dorco double edge blades for my ugly mug. Smooth as a babies butt.Tried some of the other fancy stuff with 2,3,4 etc. blades and they are just a big waste of money.Boy,talk about a rip off industry.My one double edge blade will last longer then a 10 pack of that expensive garbage.
DonnaDeal

Post by DonnaDeal »

Are you still using those blades?
mjgillen

Post by mjgillen »

I second Badger and Blade lots of shaving going on over there.

Safety razors are a lot of fun to use. I have a pile of old Gillette blades for my razors. Sharp as can be and like you said last a long time and nice close shaves. Takes a bit to get used to it but worth it.