It's cold up here - perfect for eggs and salmon

Share your culinary creations, recipes, food knowledge, restaurant recommendations, etc.
lsboogy

It's cold up here - perfect for eggs and salmon

Post by lsboogy »

Woke up t a good feeeze this morning - ground crusty, made a fire and went back in the tent for a few minutes. Few eggs, some smoked salmon and good crusty bread, OJ, and coffee made a marvelous start to the morning. Might be our last weekend campin at Lake Superior this year I'm looking forward to dinner - at the Grand Marais coop right now - eying some rather nice filets of walleye. Some crab stuffing and veg should make for a wonderful camp meal tonight.

If you ever make it up here, check out the Harbor House Grill - had fantastic trout almandine for lunch today.
jacko9

Re: It's cold up here - perfect for eggs and salmon

Post by jacko9 »

Sounds great! We're having King Salmon for dinner tonight. I just used my Kono HD2 Gyuto to slice the skin off - now I remember why I bought that knife!
Jason H

Post by Jason H »

I'm jealous, one of my very favorite breakfasts is salmon, eggs, and rice. Just seems perfect every time.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Salmon must be a thing today, brought home a 100 pounds of silver salmon filets in September after a very enjoyable fishing trip. Have two packs thawing for tonight. We’re gonna grill it and enjoy it with rice and fresh garden veggies. May be the last of the veggies though, it’s currently snowing outside. May be stocking the cellar early this year.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

Not quite as cold here we are still picking the last of the yellow summer squash and we still have lots of tomatoes on the vine. Salmon and squash last night.
Bbuth7575

Post by Bbuth7575 »

lsboogy wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:22 pm Woke up t a good feeeze this morning - ground crusty, made a fire and went back in the tent for a few minutes. Few eggs, some smoked salmon and good crusty bread, OJ, and coffee made a marvelous start to the morning. Might be our last weekend campin at Lake Superior this year I'm looking forward to dinner - at the Grand Marais coop right now - eying some rather nice filets of walleye. Some crab stuffing and veg should make for a wonderful camp meal tonight.

If you ever make it up here, check out the Harbor House Grill - had fantastic trout almandine for lunch today.
If you're up in Grand Marais hit up the Dockside Fish Market. They supply a decent number of the restaurants in town. Hard not to leave there without an armful of smoky goodness. The trout's amazing.