Konosuke MM Blue #2 Passaround

See what's happening with current or completed "Pass Arounds". Forum members occasionally send knives or sharpening stones around to a hand selected group of participants for short term use and feedback/reviews.
Altadan

Re: Konosuke MM Blue #2 Passaround

Post by Altadan »

Well, I certainly did participate in one recently, but if possible, I would love to handle a kono and see what the famed brand is like ;)
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Mark set 8 spots, this is the preliminary list. I have a question in with Mark about another member so this could change, Dan you might get bumped.
I'll set the final list after I hear from Mark and final order after I have everyone's shipping info.

1. Jeff B
2. slobound
3. Cutuu
4. J david
5. mauichef
6. ashy2classy
7. Thin Man
8. Altadan
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
slobound

Post by slobound »

Jeff, would you like us to PM you our addresses yet?
-- Garrick
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

slobound wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:34 pm Jeff, would you like us to PM you our addresses yet?
Not worried about it at the moment, there could still be changes in the list.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

You can still express interest, might get a couple more in.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

Excited about this one!
Dan_Crubenew

Post by Dan_Crubenew »

raleighcook15 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:32 pm I would love to do a passaround if possible. This knife may be my consolidation knife if I dont get a fuji
I wouldn't say a "consololation" knife.
It is very good in it's own right. I really have to stick up for the MM series. The biggest gripe I can lay against it is that the cladding is very touchy about its patina in the early days of use. I think anyone who uses this knife as a pro or home user will find it to be very, very good. I was lukewarm towards Konosuke before the MM, I have a HD2 and it is nice and all but I feel like the MM really speaks to my personal preferences in a knife. The MM profile (B#2) is very agreeable to push/pull and rock cuts, good at chopping. Agile in use, usable on a wide variety of product. Medium in food release, a weaker point imo, but not so bad that it is more than a moderate inconvenience. The real selling point for me, and one of the main reasons I was so quick to buy it as soon as I had the surplus pocket money was the 50mm height. I feel like that was really holding me back from supporting Konos fully, I know the 3ish mm height may seem inconsequential to some but it irks me in long cutting sessions.

That said, I don't own nor have I ever tried a Fujiyama. Let me go out on the limb and say the MM would run with a Fujiyama pretty well. (please correct me if I'm badly wrong)

This is a stream after working the double today so if it seems like a ramble, my bad. Long and short of it - The MM is legit, anyone who gets in on this passaround is in for a good time.
e.chou

Post by e.chou »

Hi everyone, Ethan here! I'm excited to see that there's quite a bit of interest on this passaround :D

I've been buying (way too many :P ) knives from CKTG for a few years now. I don't post a whole lot, but I have interacted with some of you via PM in what I hope were pleasant exchanges :lol: But in my time here, I have definitely been a big beneficiary of both Mark and Sue's great customer service as well as the collective wisdom of the forum. Anyway, I just wanted to try to give back in a small way, and hope that this is an enjoyable passaround for all involved :D Thanks again to Mark for being awesome and going along with me on this, and to Jeff for helping host things!

Best Regards,
Ethan
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

It's my pleasure doing this Ethan, if for no other reason, I get to play with it too! :D
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

Thanks Ethan!
bosco

Post by bosco »

Canadian here so cant participate but must say that I think it’s awesome that the community does this. I would love to participate but maybe I’ll just buy one lol
Marc4pt0

Post by Marc4pt0 »

You’re a dam Gentleman, Ethan. Bravo
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Well, this is the list boys, PM me your shipping info and I'll set the order. I should get the knife mid week and we'll get this rollin' !

1. Jeff B
2. slobound
3. Cutuu
4. J david
5. mauichef
6. ashy2classy
7. Thin Man
8. Altadan
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Many thanks to you both, Ethan, Jeff!
Excited to make it in ^_^
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
ButlerHoosierChef

Post by ButlerHoosierChef »

So it seems like we need to buy up the MMs now before they are all gone. Haha. :-)
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

ButlerHoosierChef wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:43 pm So it seems like we need to buy up the MMs now before they are all gone. Haha. :-)
I'm starting to worry they will all be gone by the time I'm in a position to get one!
Thin Man

Post by Thin Man »

e.chou wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:59 pm Hi everyone, Ethan here! I'm excited to see that there's quite a bit of interest on this passaround :D

I've been buying (way too many :P ) knives from CKTG for a few years now. I don't post a whole lot, but I have interacted with some of you via PM in what I hope were pleasant exchanges :lol: But in my time here, I have definitely been a big beneficiary of both Mark and Sue's great customer service as well as the collective wisdom of the forum. Anyway, I just wanted to try to give back in a small way, and hope that this is an enjoyable passaround for all involved :D Thanks again to Mark for being awesome and going along with me on this, and to Jeff for helping host things!

Best Regards,
Ethan
Thank you, Ethan!

Post by 5698k »

Since I don’t qualify because of lack of posts, I was forced to buy one.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

5698k wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:57 am Since I don’t qualify because of lack of posts, I was forced to buy one.
Awe you poor thing :D .
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

5698k wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:57 am Since I don’t qualify because of lack of posts, I was forced to buy one.
You could start a pass around for members with LESS than 100 posts! ;)