WTB Mazaki 240

Here you can research prices of sold items.
nakneker

WTB Mazaki 240

Post by nakneker »

With all the buzz I keep hearing about Mazaki Gyutos I’m on the hunt for a 240. I’d like to try the newer grind, the Charcoal fired one would be preferred. If you have one your thinking about selling I’d be interested. Thanks!
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
Bluenoser87

Re: WTB Mazaki 240

Post by Bluenoser87 »

Mine would have to be pried out of my hands! There are a bunch of different versions as I’m sure you know, but I couldn’t be more impressed with the charcoal fired “new grind” JNS version I have. So impressed that I’m just about to add a 270
Marc4pt0

Post by Marc4pt0 »

Yes, this new flame broiled irritation is quite tasty indeed.
I got the jns version right before James came out with his sweet handle & saya deal. But I tell you what, I think I may prefer the jns version based solely on the extra kanji. However, when I decided to get the best of both worlds, KNS was/ is all sold out. I was going to shoot for a 210 with the handle saya combo.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Bluenoser87 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:37 am Mine would have to be pried out of my hands! There are a bunch of different versions as I’m sure you know, but I couldn’t be more impressed with the charcoal fired “new grind” JNS version I have. So impressed that I’m just about to add a 270
I may go with a 270 soon if a 240 doesn’t come around. I could have bought the 240 from JNS 3-4 weeks ago when it was in stock and hesitated. Won’t happen again, that’s for sure.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Marc4pt0 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:10 am Yes, this new flame broiled irritation is quite tasty indeed.
I got the jns version right before James came out with his sweet handle & saya deal. But I tell you what, I think I may prefer the jns version based solely on the extra kanji. However, when I decided to get the best of both worlds, KNS was/ is all sold out. I was going to shoot for a 210 with the handle saya combo.
Just checked that out. Black handle, black Saya, looks good. I think I’m gonna try and hold out for the new flame broiled irritation and extra Kanji. I’m weak though, if KNS restocks I’ll probably succumb.
Marc4pt0

Post by Marc4pt0 »

What's funny is when I bought mine from jns it was a Sunday. That next Monday he did his 15% off sell. I emailed to ask if that would apply to my purchase. No reply. And of course it didn't. But I still received a pretty cool knife. It's bigger than my taste, but it's such a cool, nimble blade. The 220's that clean cut offer are, in my opinion, better. And I believe they're still in stock?

That said, this thread sparked me to break out the 240 for today. Did a quick polish and edge refreshing. The polish is rough, but looked cool. So I took a couple pics. In the process I misfired a shot, but it actually looked too groovy to delete. It makes the blade look transparent, but in reality it's just a reflection.

If i'm distracting from the thread here, my apologies and I'll delete. But in the meantime, here's the above mentioned pic:
Attachments
IMG_20181206_103415_349.jpg
slobound

Post by slobound »

Marc4pt0 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am What's funny is when I bought mine from jns it was a Sunday. That next Monday he did his 15% off sell. I emailed to ask if that would apply to my purchase. No reply. And of course it didn't. But I still received a pretty cool knife. It's bigger than my taste, but it's such a cool, nimble blade. The 220's that clean cut offer are, in my opinion, better. And I believe they're still in stock?

That said, this thread sparked me to break out the 240 for today. Did a quick polish and edge refreshing. The polish is rough, but looked cool. So I took a couple pics. In the process I misfired a shot, but it actually looked too groovy to delete. It makes the blade look transparent, but in reality it's just a reflection.

If i'm distracting from the thread here, my apologies and I'll delete. But in the meantime, here's the above mentioned pic:
I think it's a great pic!
-- Garrick
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Marc4pt0 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am What's funny is when I bought mine from jns it was a Sunday. That next Monday he did his 15% off sell. I emailed to ask if that would apply to my purchase. No reply. And of course it didn't. But I still received a pretty cool knife. It's bigger than my taste, but it's such a cool, nimble blade. The 220's that clean cut offer are, in my opinion, better. And I believe they're still in stock?

Definitely not distracting from the thread. That pic is great, here I was thinking you were intentionally clever.
faverodefavero

Post by faverodefavero »

One of the greatest knives I ever used, really good taste.