All-Clad Factory Sale is ON!!!!

Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.
Forum rules
Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.

Please do not announce deals from competitors on knives and sharpening stones. We reserve the right to delete posts that violate these rules.
Robstreperous

Re: All-Clad Factory Sale is ON!!!!

Post by Robstreperous »

mauichef wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 pm
Altadan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:08 am Almost pulled the trigger on a 12" copper core... but... chickened out.
Just got what I hope is a lifetime 14" fry pan, and a whopping 8qt stainless pot.. :shock:
I got two boys, and a third on the way. My older siblings tell me I might be cooking for two adults and a couple kids now, but soon I'll teenagers+friends, so that pot won't go to waste :mrgreen:

I just hope the All-clad brand and its 5-ply is worth the hype, and the mulla
They really are Dan...and at these prices they are a steal. Still have not found any faults on ones I have bought that make them seconds :o
+1 Never would have sprung for my copper 6qt saute for$550. But for $200? So much I can do with this thing. I was worried before it arrived but I had to work really hard to figure out what made it a second. It's only visible when the pan is highly polished (in other words never :D ) :D
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Bpboogie wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:55 am This is the first of these sales I've looked into, and couldn't get over the deals. Just had to pull the trigger.
The wife when the box arrives: :evil:
Just cook her a fantastic meal in whatever you bought.
Happy wife :D
gladius

Post by gladius »

Last day: Sale Ends June 16th at 11:59 PM EST.
enjay

Post by enjay »

Slight tangent but still seems relevant: For anyone considering an 8- or 10-inch All-Clad skillet, I'd highly recommend that they at least take a look this 9.4-inch Demeyere Atlantis for $100. (There are also bigger sizes but at much higher prices.)

It combines the convenience of stainless with heat retention of cast iron, and offers a more even heat distribution. Depending on the user, a minor drawback would be that it rather heavy (not unlike cast iron, in that sense) because of its thick layers incl. copper, but otherwise this really is the best skillet I've used.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Robstreperous wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:58 am
mauichef wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:19 pm
Altadan wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:08 am Almost pulled the trigger on a 12" copper core... but... chickened out.
Just got what I hope is a lifetime 14" fry pan, and a whopping 8qt stainless pot.. :shock:
I got two boys, and a third on the way. My older siblings tell me I might be cooking for two adults and a couple kids now, but soon I'll teenagers+friends, so that pot won't go to waste :mrgreen:

I just hope the All-clad brand and its 5-ply is worth the hype, and the mulla
They really are Dan...and at these prices they are a steal. Still have not found any faults on ones I have bought that make them seconds :o
+1 Never would have sprung for my copper 6qt saute for$550. But for $200? So much I can do with this thing. I was worried before it arrived but I had to work really hard to figure out what made it a second. It's only visible when the pan is highly polished (in other words never :D ) :D
Now they've sent me this tempting email to come back and BUY ONE MORE item, for an EXTRA 20% OFF, and free shipping... they're trying to bleed me dry!
Copper core 6qt Saute is exactly what I was looking at... for $180 total :oops:
but tell me, what do you make in yours? (a photo would be nice)
Thanks!
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

$180 . :o

I use it a ton.

Off the top of my head --- I'll do a bunch of cutlets. No need to use multiple pans. Searing 4 pieces of fish simultaneously ---- same deal.

Caciatores ---- I'm not crowding the pan when I do the chicken and it's big enough for the finished product.

Large family meal --- Thanksgiving etc. all the stringbeans sauteed in one pan. No batches.

Anything you're frying or sauteeing that you might otherwise need to do batches this will at least cut down the number of batches.

OH..... I do a lot of carmelized onions. Again I'm in one pan. Now that I think about it ... I do a version of philly cheesesteaks... sear the steaks.... then sautee a ton of onion, pepper toss back the sliced cooked steaks in the juice add the cheese ---- ONe pan wouldn't be large enough

Lots of spinaich.. before it cooks down.

There have been times I've used it as the pan when I roast chicken then make a sauce on the stove with the pan drippings. Single pan....

I know there's stuff I'm forgetting. I think I've used it for curries but can't swear to it. Plenty of times I"ve needed to sear sausages.

You get the idea.... big flat surface for searing you'd otherwise need to go to two pans... or a frier large enough to cook the veggies before they cook down to size.
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

Robstreperous wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:25 pm $180 . :o

I use it a ton.

I use mine a lot for making a pasta sauce in and then throwing cooked pasta into it to stir and coat. I know you are supposed to add sauce to pasta and not vice versa, but this way is simple.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

I use it a ton.

Off the top of my head --- I'll do a bunch of cutlets. No need to use multiple pans. Searing 4 pieces of fish simultaneously ---- same deal.

Caciatores ---- I'm not crowding the pan when I do the chicken and it's big enough for the finished product.

Large family meal --- Thanksgiving etc. all the stringbeans sauteed in one pan. No batches.

Anything you're frying or sauteeing that you might otherwise need to do batches this will at least cut down the number of batches.

OH..... I do a lot of carmelized onions. Again I'm in one pan. Now that I think about it ... I do a version of philly cheesesteaks... sear the steaks.... then sautee a ton of onion, pepper toss back the sliced cooked steaks in the juice add the cheese ---- ONe pan wouldn't be large enough

There have been times I've used it as the pan when I roast chicken then make a sauce on the stove with the pan drippings. Single pan....

I know there's stuff I'm forgetting. I think I've used it for curries but can't swear to it. Plenty of times I"ve needed to sear sausages.

You get the idea.... big flat surface for searing you'd otherwise need to go to two pans... or a frier large enough to cook the veggies before they cook down to size.
Yes, yes!
Well, that's what I was thinking :D
but
now I'm weighing against what I already have; a really terrific Calphalon 7qt monster in which I do most of what you were describing. OBVIOUSLY, it has a few shortcomings, namely, uneven heating, and the material degrade over the course of 2-4 years....
However, it's tall enough to stick a whole chicken in there, load it up to the brim with veggies, and still be able to cover it. [it's 13" across, and just a smidge over 3" tall.. hmmm
Then again, this All-Clad thing costs like three of those calphalons, and should last a lifetime,
RIGHT?
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

Sounds like reverse buyers remorse Dan! I know i should get it, and everyone tells me they are wonderful but I just cant quite pull the trigger! I have had mine since we got married 30 yrs ago, cant imagine what could possible hurt them.
gladius

Post by gladius »

I have the 5 quart sauté which I use as a general use pan. I like cooking pasta using just enough water to cook the noodles keeping the starch then adding sauce. The cover fits snugly but the only thing I don’t like is the handle it’s too thin making it hard to control.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

gladius wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:32 am I have the 5 quart sauté which I use as a general use pan. I like cooking pasta using just enough water to cook the noodles keeping the starch then adding sauce. The cover fits snugly but the only thing I don’t like is the handle it’s too thin making it hard to control.
Those handles seem to be an issue in every post... guess we'll be finding out soon :P
My wife and I have been married just over five years, and our decision this week was to try and future proof our kitchen; between the carbon steel and the new stainless steel additions to the main cooking-items, I hope we'll be good for the rest of our lives. Now, to just find that "perfect knife".... hahahaha
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

As always there is something there to tempt me. Waited for the 20% extra off sale and snagged a Panini Press for $33. Sweet!
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

Altadan wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 pm

I use it a ton.

Yes, yes!
but
now I'm weighing against what I already have; a really terrific Calphalon 7qt monster in which I do most of what you were describing. OBVIOUSLY, it has a few shortcomings, namely, uneven heating, and the material degrade over the course of 2-4 years....
However, it's tall enough to stick a whole chicken in there, load it up to the brim with veggies, and still be able to cover it. [it's 13" across, and just a smidge over 3" tall.. hmmm
Then again, this All-Clad thing costs like three of those calphalons, and should last a lifetime,
RIGHT?
The heat distribution on the copper core All Clad is much better.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Robstreperous wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:45 pm
Altadan wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 pm

I use it a ton.

Yes, yes!
but
RIGHT?
The heat distribution on the copper core All Clad is much better.
Ok, Ok, I got it!

Wife agrees it's a big spend on cookware, but it should pay itself out, so to speak, over the next decade, and through this next decade - and the following - we'll be cooking on a nicer looking, more evenly heating pan ;) Here's to quality purchases!
Bpboogie

Post by Bpboogie »

Quality purchases they are. Just got a couple of copper core stock pots and sauté pans via the big brown truck. There may be some blemishes/defects wrong with them, but I can’t find them, and I’ve looked close. Great prices on fine cookware.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

You guys realize that you are just going to end up replacing all these stainless steel variants with full copper and tin combo when you realize the true joy.
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

Cutuu wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:44 am You guys realize that you are just going to end up replacing all these stainless steel variants with full copper and tin combo when you realize the true joy.
You mean like the knives I"m always swapping and trying just one more of and....

Yepp.... point noted. :D

Still... c'mon man.... $180 for a 6Qt saute that's so much better than ..... Just for giggles I've got to go price out a full copper 6QT saute just so I can start decidiing whehter to begin the loan applicatio process......
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

Not a factory sale, but The Bay has a 2 piece (plus lids) All Clad baker set on for $96 (regular $320). Not sure if it ships to the states.
https://m.thebay.com/all-clad-bakers-tw ... nQQAvD_BwE
gladius

Post by gladius »

Altadan

Post by Altadan »

So,

I am now the owner of three rather impressive pieces of this brand, and I just want to join the choir and sing:

THE (pan) HANDLES SUCK

Thanks for reading.