All-Clad Factory Sale is ON!!!!

Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.
Forum rules
Post great deals you've discovered on kitchenware like pots & pans, countertop appliances, knife blocks, towels and gadgets, etc.

Please do not announce deals from competitors on knives and sharpening stones. We reserve the right to delete posts that violate these rules.
Corradobrit

Re: All-Clad Factory Sale is ON!!!!

Post by Corradobrit »

Altadan wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 pm
THE (pan) HANDLES SUCK
Putting it mildly. My Cuisinart French Classic pans are in a totally different league. Such a pleasure to use.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Corradobrit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:15 pm
THE (pan) HANDLES SUCK
Putting it mildly. My Cuisinart French Classic pans are in a totally different league. Such a pleasure to use.
Link please! (though I really don't need anything, and the handles are not deal-breakers)
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
Corradobrit

Post by Corradobrit »

Altadan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:57 pm
Corradobrit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:15 pm
THE (pan) HANDLES SUCK
Link please! (though I really don't need anything, and the handles are not deal-breakers)
Here's a selection just to give you an idea. This line is Made in France. Heat transfer characteristics beats the copper core All-Clad frying pans I have and they work on induction cook tops.
smcmaui

Post by smcmaui »

Iʻm curious about All Clad, which line is the best bang for the buck?
polytope

Post by polytope »

smcmaui wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:03 am Iʻm curious about All Clad, which line is the best bang for the buck?
Unless you have induction, I'd say the MC2 line. Aluminum instead of stainless steel exterior makes it less expensive, but if anything it should improve heat distribution very slightly.

For more info than you'd probably want, see centurylife.org. They do very thorough cookware reviews.
for example https://www.centurylife.org/is-all-clad ... ernatives/.
yparker

Post by yparker »

Mannnnn... missed the all clad sale
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

I have had a few MC2 (when i got them they were just Master Chef) for 25 yrs now and if you want a beater sauce pan or large pot for boiling water these are great. I never worry about the exterior or banging them around BUT they sure don't have the eyeball of the newer stainless exterior rolled lip models. Both seem to work equally well for me.
Paul282

Post by Paul282 »

I registered with home and cook sales. Will they send out an email for the next sale?
stevem627

Post by stevem627 »

I registered and I get emails, so I think you will get notifications.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
stalliondawg444

Post by stalliondawg444 »

Jeff B wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:12 am It's on right now!

https://homeandcooksales.com/
Uh oh dangerous. Thanks for sharing Jeff!
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

Buyer beware! old slogan but applicable. Make sure you ck out what they are offering and shop it. For instance Im looking at a 12in fry pan stainless, with packaging damage for 109 and you pay 8 bucks for shipping making it $117, but on amazon for 129, you get a D3 (im going to assume thats whats offered for the sale but its not disclosed) and the Amazon one comes with the matching lid and you get free shipping. For 12 more I would go for the lid.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Been trying to grab a 2 qt saucier in this and past sells but can never get it. Maybe next time.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Pressure cooker on the way.
Saved huge bucks :D
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

It’s on again!

Just snagged the Belgian Waffle maker. Missed it every time it came up, not this time :D

HOMEANDCOOKSALES.COM
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

It's that time again....

https://homeandcooksales.com
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

delmar

Post by delmar »

Ok, I'm being lazy. I fully admit it.

Can someone please recommend some pans for me. Yes, I could spend hours reading through threads to glean the info, or someone could just take pity on me and tell me. I'd rather spend that time cooking, eating, sharpening knives, making handles, sipping some wine or whiskey - you know, the important stuff.

I have a healthy collection of cast iron and carbon skillet/fry pans. For quick stuff, I have some cheapie Costco fry pans, probably Teflon, and I'd like to phase that stuff out eventually, so a fry pan with good release that can take some abuse in case the wife or kids nuke it a bit with high heat. Ability to go into oven a plus, but not absolutely necessary.

I find I really only use a medium saucer for 95% of my stuff. Maybe a small one for small batches a bit, but that's pretty rare. I despise silicon whisks, so this needs to be metal for sure.

For large pot, not picky. I have a huge Fissler pressure cooker, and find the pot itself is a beast for boils, large batches of sauce, pasta, etc., with a thick bottom and stainless casting. For soups and stews, I'd probably continue to use my cast iron and staubs. So I may or may not really need to pick up something new, but probably would. I'm definitely not a "set" person for things like knives, but with pans, I do value a small but high quality 'everyday set.'

For all, need safe handles that don't get Richter hot. I like thick bottoms (I know, ripe for a joke here), or at least good heat transference and retention ability. Ability to get clean would also be a plus.

What say ye? Looking to capitalize on All Clad sales, but if there are other suggestions, I'm up for that.