Low post count pass around.

See what's happening with current or completed "Pass Arounds". Forum members occasionally send knives or sharpening stones around to a hand selected group of participants for short term use and feedback/reviews.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Re: Low post count pass around.

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

We have our 5.

I'll do another one of these soon with another knife so if you were not one of the 5 you'll have another shot.

I think short pass around lists on these is the way to go. We had a couple that took forever to get back to me. Too long to be honest.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 am
Chefspence wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:49 am Sounds fair. I have never done a pass around yet. I always seem to check after the rotation has already been decided
Spencer, since you've had some bad luck getting in on pass arounds I'll put you in on this one.

You're 1 on the list.
Whoa, honored for sure Mark. Thank you!!
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

Cool!
yeah just let me know and I'll put it though some product and run it side by side next to the HD. I've had my eye on those but three knives came up out of the blue that I had on my wish list that couldn't pass up....

funny thing about those wish lists is they always seem to get longer.
Thankfully I can always steal away prep from prep cooks to try out new knives because NOBODY ever minds if I do thier work for them....hahahaha.

Since this is my first pass around....would you fill me in on etiquette, shipping preference, etc etc.
raleighcook15

Post by raleighcook15 »

I'm super interested.
raleighcook15

Post by raleighcook15 »

Maybe the next one for me! I need to hold more knives ;)
maxdgad

Post by maxdgad »

Let me know if there's an extension on this. I would love to compare it to my sakai yusuke SS, W#2 and kono HDs
jacko9

Post by jacko9 »

Good Idea Mark, give some the new people a chance to try a very nice knife.
Afjagjones

Post by Afjagjones »

Sad face!!! I'm in the midst of a cross country move! (And month long vacation!!!) this summer. Wouldnt be able to tell you where to send it!
dParis

Post by dParis »

Nice idea. Hopefully all goes well and there are more in the future. I'd love to be in on a pass around and increase my experience with a number of knives.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Knife is going out to Steve today. Once he's done I'll have him send it to Spencer and he can send it on to Don. Also, Alton wanted to sharpen it so I let him do it. He does the vast majority of finish sharpening jobs anyway so it might be better to show his work instead of mine. But I'm better. hahahahah

Spencer, can you baby sit this knife please?
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:44 am Knife is going out to Steve today. Once he's done I'll have him send it to Spencer and he can send it on to Don. Also, Alton wanted to sharpen it so I let him do it. He does the vast majority of finish sharpening jobs anyway so it might be better to show his work instead of mine. But I'm better. hahahahah

Spencer, can you baby sit this knife please?
Indeed!
noemis

Post by noemis »

Oh, wow! Would have loved to get in on this. So tempted to grab the last one of these! If only I hadn't *just* bought another knife...
Looking forward to everyone's impressions!
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

dAviD wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 pm Cool!
yeah just let me know and I'll put it though some product and run it side by side next to the HD. I've had my eye on those but three knives came up out of the blue that I had on my wish list that couldn't pass up....

funny thing about those wish lists is they always seem to get longer.
Thankfully I can always steal away prep from prep cooks to try out new knives because NOBODY ever minds if I do thier work for them....hahahaha.

Since this is my first pass around....would you fill me in on etiquette, shipping preference, etc etc.
Just wanted to bump my previous post
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

@ David, a general rule I've heard from someone was "don't be a dick" :D It makes sense, it's not your knife so treat it with care, don't try to cut anything you shouldn't don't get it scratched up. I would also think to not try to clean off any patina, just let it stay natural. There's a time limit to adhere to and then pack it up nice like it was when you got it and send it off. I think that's about it. This is my first time around too :)

Could everyone please pm me their addresses and necessary info so I can get that to the participants that need them for the rotation. Thanks
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

Cool that's what I figured.
I'll send a pm later today after work 😊
BoomVang

Post by BoomVang »

I'm about as low as you can get lol!

Would love to be considered if you expand the list or someone's drops out. I'm looking to pick up my first j knife and getting the chance to try before I buy Would be awesome :D
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

BoomVang wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:15 pm I'm about as low as you can get lol!

Would love to be considered if you expand the list or someone's drops out. I'm looking to pick up my first j knife and getting the chance to try before I buy Would be awesome :D
You can pm Mark, but he made up the 5 man limit, so prob not. Sorry. Stay posted for more coming up, and keep on as a regular, contributing forum member and you'll be in on the pass around's in no time.
dAviD

Post by dAviD »

Pm sent.
TomCutlery

Post by TomCutlery »

Hello, I realize I'm probably too new for this now, but would really be interested in this in the future, especially a wa style laser as I've never experienced either and would be a great opportunity to do so while also getting to share input with others on the same knife.
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

TomCutlery wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 am Hello, I realize I'm probably too new for this now, but would really be interested in this in the future, especially a wa style laser as I've never experienced either and would be a great opportunity to do so while also getting to share input with others on the same knife.
Yeah, stay interested and involved in the forum and you'll be in on the passarounds soon. Make sure to check often.