For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
- Posts: 546
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:00 pm
Are these still taboo in the industry? I remember chefs saying only "messy" chefs wear them?
- Posts: 1104
- Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:37 am
- Location: Chicago, IL
We wear black at our restaurants. They're all open kitchen restaurants and no one seems to look at us funny.
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 pm
Lots of black coats now a days
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:25 am
I have worn black chef coats since 2012. White ones feel silly on me now.
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:15 pm
- Location: Dallas, TX
For my short stint in an Italian (also open kitchen) we all wore black, till they let us pizza/bread guys wear white, to hide all the flour
Last edited by Altadan
on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 2661
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:55 pm
- Location: Minnesota
I don’t mind black
I prefer white I just love the pressed crisp white
- Posts: 1026
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:23 pm
- Location: Minneapolis
I have both - black for some things, white for others.