Coronovirus in the kitchen

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
bruin

Re: Coronovirus in the kitchen

Post by bruin »

atang wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:43 pm
I’m not necessarily advocating non-compliance, but there is a need for people to use their own discretion to keep themselves well and safe. Panic buying, repeating secondhand hearsay, and instilling fear into our neighbors, to fear our neighbors is unhealthy. Much of this requires strong mental health as well to make it through. Approach everything with a clear mind and not reacting from emotion is prudent when making important decisions. I believe there is a much larger picture perspective to be held, inclusive of everything else that’s going on right now. There is much conflicting data regarding this particular topic. Though that is another topic for another platform. Hoping all stay well. Take steps to stay healthy. ❤️❤️❤️
I agree with you there, over the last couple weeks we’ve seen how hard it is for most people to keep a level head in a time of crisis like this. Hope you stay well too 👍

dAviD

Post by dAviD »

And today after the vote about funding, a bunch of us got laid off from the three kitchens.
The chef did the old trick of waiting to send us a little bit of money so we were happy and then started doing calls.
I was actually a little surprised along with the GM at my kitchen because I'm the strongest chef they ever had.
Super bummed ☹️.
This is gonna end up changing the industry in ways I can't even imagine.

bruin

Post by bruin »

dAviD wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:12 pm
And today after the vote about funding, a bunch of us got laid off from the three kitchens.
The chef did the old trick of waiting to send us a little bit of money so we were happy and then started doing calls.
I was actually a little surprised along with the GM at my kitchen because I'm the strongest chef they ever had.
Super bummed ☹️.
This is gonna end up changing the industry in ways I can't even imagine.
Sorry to hear that.

It really bums me out to think about all the restaurants that won’t be able to bounce back from this, but I think it could change the industry in a lot of good ways. Cash flow at most restaurants is a mess, many great, busy restaurants don’t make any money, employees at all levels aren’t treated or compensated properly... maybe this is the wake up call everyone needs.

ken123

Post by ken123 »

David send me a pm. Sounds like you could stand a bit of good news ...

Ken