USPS Shipping Delays

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
dAviD

Re: USPS Shipping Delays

Post by dAviD »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:19 pm
We love the postal service and as soon as they get through these difficult times we'll be using them again for most of our shipments as usual. We've made many friends with the carriers that have served us over the past 20 years. We want them to succeed, but we want our customers to get their packages and we owe it to them to do what we can to work around these issues until things are back to normal.

Our current carrier is Mikey and his back up is Ken. They bust their butts for us!
I feel the same way here!
before all of this pandemic made it a little difficult, i used to try to make sure that I would leave iced bottled water in a cooler on my front porch for post just because in Texas it gets so hot in the summer and walking these neighborhoods can be a little bit brutal.
in the winter when I make chicken soup or whatever, I always try to jar up a few to give out because having a nice hot cup of chicken soup that you can even sip out of a glass jar is an awesome treat in the middle of the day especially when it’s cold or the freezing rain that we tend to get here in the winter months.

I’m really close friends with the girl who’s been my carrier for years and has this neighborhood as her main route so I get an interesting perspective from her side when I have a chance to talk with her which I usually try to do at least once a week or twice a week.
she actually broke protocol the other day when I told her I was moving but I would still be in the neighborhood and still on her route..lol
Believe me, they are as frustrated or more frustrated with everything that’s going on.
I have a feeling this is going to drag out through the fall and I’m not alone in that concern.
Interestingly enough Because I’ve had more time at home I’ve actually finally been able to refurbish a typewriter that I picked up a while ago and I’ve really been enjoying writing and typing up letters to friends and family instead of just sending emails or text messages.because I’ve had more time at home I’ve actually finally been able to refurbish a typewriter that I picked up a while ago and I’ve really been enjoying writing and typing up letters to friends and family instead of just sending emails or text messages. it’s been a nice change of pace and a lot of the reason I picked it up originally was because of a interview I saw with Tom Hanks About his obsession with typewriters and he has some really awesome things to say about how enjoyable it is to actually sit and type a letter on a machine like that and then go through the process of mailing it out. it’s crazy to think about how much is changed as far as all of that goes and the effect it had on the post office. I’m definitely gonna try to keep up with this new habit even after I go back to working full time in kitchens. it’s actually really nice and makes me feel a little more connected to people. I mean I am old enough to remember the days before email text messages to go over everything for people who aren’t, it’s definitely has been a fun thing for them to get those letters from me.
Plus it was fun going through the whole process of maintaining the typewriter and getting it dialed in so that it was running the way it should’ve been in 1941. I do not think though I will be collecting those like some people do just because it can get expensive and they do take up space.I do not think though I will be collecting those like some people do just because it can get expensive and they do take up space.

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I would love to see a picture of your typewriter. :)
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/blfrsp.html

Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Had a package shipped from RI on Friday and it was scanned 5 times the past 3 days and due to arrive tomorrow, nothing to complain about. Service just seems worse in some cities/regions over others for whatever reasons.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.

Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

At least within the Northeast I've seen improvement over the last week or so. Haven't had anything coming east from out west for a while but as I recall my issues a few weeks back had the Chicago based hub in common....

It's been nice to get the local nj to Long Island and vice - versa stuff back on track.

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Yikes

Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo

Altadan

Post by Altadan »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:07 pm
Yikes

I can only suppose that the mailman was out of the truck for delivery...?
+1 on the "Yikes"! :shock:
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I wish this message had been delivered with one of our packages. Sue found this last year on the interwebs.

Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo

Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

I would have liked to have seen that. I probably look like a fool when a bee gets in, let alone a hawk

ken123

Post by ken123 »

An odd case of bird flew [into the truck] :)

Ken

Cigarguy

Post by Cigarguy »

Better than "The dog ate it!"

ken123

Post by ken123 »

Cigarguy wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:11 pm
Better than "The dog ate it!"
Lol. The puppy ate it is a real problem lol

---
Ken

dAviD

Post by dAviD »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:39 pm
I would love to see a picture of your typewriter. :)
I will do that! I'm in the process of moving right now so it's boxed up but here is a picture I took a while ago before I really did a much better job cleaning it up.
IMG_20200622_155341.jpg

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

:!: Was that's very cool.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo

dAviD

Post by dAviD »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:39 pm
:!: Was that's very cool.
Thank you It looks even better now that I've actually detailed cleaned it and polished everything. I really like the way the glass keycaps are very comfortable to type on and they look great. I plan on getting some fitz metal polish and really getting the nickel plating as close to new looking as possible and I finally was able to find good silk ribbons that fit this so in the next couple weeks this thing will be running as good or better than it was when it was new. Once I finally started using it I realized for quick things that needed to be typed out this was a little bit more convenient than setting up my laptop and getting the printer up and running and it just looks nicer then your regular inkjet printer.

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I'm going to start posting customer complaint tracking numbers just so we can track ones coming in.

Vincent emailed today. No tracking in 4 days: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 0961709887
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo

TheLegalRazor

Post by TheLegalRazor »

I have another positive CKTG/FedEx story to report. Package shipped this past Tuesday, and scheduled to arrive on Thursday. It arrived on time on Thursday, and tracking was in real time.

I understand the issues raised by the pandemic. However, I've had problems with USPS since before the pandemic. The pandemic may also be impacting the performance of FedEx and USPS, but I've continued to receive excellent service and tracking from both carriers during the pandemic
Ricardo

TheLegalRazor

Post by TheLegalRazor »

I have another positive CKTG/FedEx story to report. Package shipped this past Tuesday, and scheduled to arrive on Friday. It arrived as scheduled on Friday, and tracking was in real time.

I understand the issues raised by the pandemic. However, I've had problems with USPS since before the pandemic. The pandemic may also be impacting the performance of FedEx and UPS, but I've continued to receive timely service and accurate tracking from both carriers during the pandemic
Ricardo