WTS/WTT Sharpening Stone (UK)

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
arthurfowler

WTS/WTT Sharpening Stone (UK)

Post by arthurfowler »

Dear all

I want to consolidate my stones as I have way too many and after trying a few, I have come to the conclusion that I prefer 'splash and go' stones and primarily Shapton Glass stones. Therefore I would like to sell or trade (for knife/s) the following stones: -

I would ideally like to sell/trade them in 2 lots or 1 combined. As the stones are heavy I would like to keep the sale/trades in the UK only and if you are located in and around London, I may include delivery. If shipping is required, this will be an additional cost. I hope to attract a buyer that wants to try some different stones and if they are not for them, they should be able to sell them on and recover all of their costs easily.

Lot 1 - £260
Nubatama 150
Nubatama Platinum 320
Nubatama Platinum 600
Nubatama Platinum 1500
Nubatama Platinum 3000 - There are two small chips on this stone but they do not interfere with sharpening.

Lot 2 - £110
Shapton Pro 220
Shapton Pro 1000
Shapton Pro 2000
Shapton Pro 5000

Both lots £350

I am happy to provide measurements on request but the stones have not been used that much and will retain virtually all of the original depth. The Nubatama 150 is probably the furthest away from its original depth due to the nature of the stone.

Any queries, please let me know.

Best

Gareth

Miles

Re: WTS/WTT Sharpening Stone (UK)

Post by Miles »

Them nubatama's are really nice. At least as good, if not better than Naniwa Pro/Choseras. I just bought a couple from Ken. Looks like a good deal for UK folks.