WTS Mert Tansu Blue #2 Honyaki 250 mm

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
Cutuu

WTS Mert Tansu Blue #2 Honyaki 250 mm

Post by Cutuu »

I am not supposed to be buying knifes now, being that I have a new business and just don't have extra cash for knives. I bought organized's Kagekiyo and purchased another knife recently, so it's time to pay the piper. I have two Mert honyakis this one and a SC125, they are extremely similar, arguably redundant. So I am letting this one go to pay my debt. I've used this at my house. I've touch up the original edge stropping a couple of times on a Meara before sharpening gently once on a 1k Shapton pro and Meara. It felt really nice on the stones, took surprisingly just a little more than the SC125 one did (but not much). I sharpened them back to back same session. I traded Ashy for it. He hadn't sharpened it came to me with original edge. It went for 2200 AUD $1700 US from Mert. Asking $1275 shipped conus include paypal fees, saya, and bag.

Specs:

248 Grams
241mm on the edge
55mm at the heel
3.4mm out of handle
3.2mm at the heel
2.4 mm approximately halfway (120mm)
2mm 3/4 of the way approximately (180mm)
1.35mm 1inch from tip
.7mm 1cm from the tip

Cutuu

Re: WTS Mert Tansu Blue #2 Honyaki 250 mm

Post by Cutuu »

Bump