Broke my knife infatuation.

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
kirkystyle

Broke my knife infatuation.

Post by kirkystyle »

So I was a chef for about 20 years and obsessed with knives for the past 10 years, slowly started cutting back on my number of knives, to only using a Chinese cleaver and a tall petty for all my work. Well once the pandemic hit my job got cut and finally started trying other stuff than kitchen work. I now got a Monday thru Friday set morning schedule and have no interest in ever going back to the kitchen 😀. Thus my interest in knives has been pretty much eliminated. Every few months I scour CKTG to see any new cleavers are on the site but pretty happy with my cleaver and cheap santoku for my wife for my home cooking. Just thinking back on how much time I spent watching videos on the site and reading this forum and just general obsession with knife culture. This will probably be my last post on here since my current obsession is taking care and spoiling my 3 year old girl. Happy Holidays everyone 😊
Kalaeb

Re: Broke my knife infatuation.

Post by Kalaeb »

I hear you. I left the kitchen about 9 years ago now...but it still cool at home a great deal. My recent obsession has been EDC knives, but I am still a sucker for a good kitchen knife. You can never really leave, but if by chance you do make it out.....
Wassabi777

Post by Wassabi777 »

kirkystyle wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:06 pm So I was a chef for about 20 years and obsessed with knives for the past 10 years, slowly started cutting back on my number of knives, to only using a Chinese cleaver and a tall petty for all my work. Well once the pandemic hit my job got cut and finally started trying other stuff than kitchen work. I now got a Monday thru Friday set morning schedule and have no interest in ever going back to the kitchen 😀. Thus my interest in knives has been pretty much eliminated. Every few months I scour CKTG to see any new cleavers are on the site but pretty happy with my cleaver and cheap santoku for my wife for my home cooking. Just thinking back on how much time I spent watching videos on the site and reading this forum and just general obsession with knife culture. This will probably be my last post on here since my current obsession is taking care and spoiling my 3 year old girl. Happy Holidays everyone 😊
Wow, what other stuff did you try? What's your current job? I'm a chef too...
silylanjie

Post by silylanjie »

Oh... I haven't work as a sushi chef for 17 years and glad to hear that you found new interest and good luck with your new job.
Wilson - Just an retired sushi chef
Ut_ron

Post by Ut_ron »

Take care and have fun with your 3 year old daughter.
Home cook that enjoys sharp knives.
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

Enjoy 'em. They grow up quick. Daughte's are the best... except for sons... and then there's sons and daughters! Enjoy 'em.

Funny thing with the knife culture thing. For me it's what I go to in order to take a break from my work!
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Robstreperous wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:27 pm Enjoy 'em. They grow up quick....
My granddaughter was born a few months ago and when I saw her last week she was 4 years old... :shock: :?
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.