Gritomatic and Jende Industries

CKTG has a large amount of Edge Pro products so we've dedicated a forum to questions on Edge Pro sharpening systems, accessories and techniques.
Santas_101

Gritomatic and Jende Industries

Post by Santas_101 »

Hey Everyone,

Since Ken’s passing I’ve been looking for a good source of Edge Pro stones and was curious about stones from Gritomatic and from Jende Industries. Has anyone purchased edge Pro stones from these vendors and what was their overall quality? I’d appreciate your specific feedback on their Edge Pro stones.
Radar53

Re: Gritomatic and Jende Industries

Post by Radar53 »

If I remember correctly Ken fell out big time with Jenda industries. Check it out on his Sharpener's spot on this forum here <http://www.chefknivestogoforums.com/vie ... php?t=2786>
Cheers Grant

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!!
ronnie_suburban

Re: Gritomatic and Jende Industries

Post by ronnie_suburban »

I only have limited experiences with Gritomatic (have never dealt with Jende) and they were entirely favorable but most of them were pre or early pandemic, so my experiences may not be reflective of the current situation. Their self-branded EP-sized stones and strops are well-priced, solid and reliable performers. I use them mainly for my EDC's. But mainly what I use from Gritomatic are the EP-cut Shapton Pro, Chosera and Venev Orion (diamond) stones that they carry. These have all been as expected and predictable analogs for their full-sized counterparts.

Turn-around time on my orders was very good, as was their overall service. On one temporarily out-of-stock item, they communicated well, gave me a bunch of completely acceptable options and eventually shipped the item without issue. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again, when the need arises.
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.