How Do I Post A Photo

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
XexoX

How Do I Post A Photo

Post by XexoX »

aporigine wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:17 pm My iPhone 10 does not have any insert image access under Full Editor and Preview. I do not have, use or want a hosting service. What’s the workaround? I’d like to use the classifieds, and images assist the sale.
First go to the full editor and preview, a button at the bottom of the quick reply box, next to the submit button.
Then below that there is an options tab and an attachments tab, click the attachments tab. Then click the add files button. Hopefully the rest should be understandable. You can only upload 4 pictures to a post.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
mauichef

Re: Share your shots.

Post by mauichef »

Kono B2FujiWB270-1.jpg
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

XexoX wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:50 pm
aporigine wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:17 pm My iPhone 10 does not have any insert image access under Full Editor and Preview. I do not have, use or want a hosting service. What’s the workaround? I’d like to use the classifieds, and images assist the sale.
First go to the full editor and preview, a button at the bottom of the quick reply box, next to the submit button.
Then below that there is an options tab and an attachments tab, click the attachments tab. Then click the add files button. Hopefully the rest should be understandable. You can only upload 4 pictures to a post.
Thats so cool XexoX. I have only been here for about 10 years and never knew that!
No More hosting :D
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Sounds like you need to sort out your computer/cloud issues first ;-)
I just posed the photo above...no url.
Just pointed to the file...but that would obviously not work with a phone.
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

17BBD189-C384-48C4-B735-FFCED17877BC.jpeg
Ok Photobucket test

This should be my Okada BBQ Sword

“requested cannot be found” and I don’t know why.
“The knife is the most permanent, the most immortal, the most ingenious of all man’s creations.”
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

Oops
Last edited by aporigine on Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The knife is the most permanent, the most immortal, the most ingenious of all man’s creations.”
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

Hmm

[img]https://app.photobucket.com/u/aporigine ... 97dd8ed39a

Success, I think. Okada BBQ Sword and Takayuki Grand Chef 210 long petty.
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... DFB01.jpeg

my Shibata Kashima 240 bearing a simply gorgeous handle from Delmar.
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

That is wonderful art work behind the knife. You are quite a talented young man Mr. Chef!

The one thing posting pictures this way, is they don't show up when the post is quoted. At least I haven't found a way to make it happen. I had to find a way to post pictures, as I don't have hosting anywhere. The thing I like about doing it this way, is it can't get screwed up by outside issues, like photobucket, or the person deleting the picture at the host site, or moving it, etc.

Also, if you add a file comment to the picture before clicking the place in line button, the comment will show below the picture in italics! Took me awhile to figure that out. :oops:
My most expensive knife!
My most expensive knife!
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

aporigine wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:13 pm https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... DFB01.jpeg

my Shibata Kashima 240 bearing a simply gorgeous handle from Delmar.
From the Full Editor page, highlight the link above and hit the "insert image" button in the tool bar above it and you get this...

If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

mauichef wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:03 pm
XexoX wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:50 pm
Thats so cool XexoX. I have only been here for about 10 years and never knew that!
Are you serious?! :lol: I thought you were one of the resident computer geeks.... :?
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

Jeff B wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:30 am
XexoX wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:50 pm First go to the full editor and preview, a button at the bottom of the quick reply box, next to the submit button.
Are you serious?! :lol: I thought you were one of the resident computer geeks.... :?
Me, a computer geek? I’m a Resistentialist. “Les chooses sont contre nous!” A friend who does know computers accuses me of being an unrepentant Luddite. I just shake my quill at her.
Let’s just say: my music is on large black discs.

Oh. You meant Xexox. Morning tea still kicking in.

That Kashima is currently my favorite knife, though using the Sword on a potato or crust less bread is downright sensual. Okada put a fantastic grind on it.
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

aporigine wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:17 am
Jeff B wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:30 am

Me, a computer geek? I’m a Resistentialist. “Les chooses sont contre nous!” A friend who does know computers accuses me of being an unrepentant Luddite. I just shake my quill at her.

Oh. You meant Xexox. Morning tea still kicking in.

That Kashima is currently my favorite knife, though using the Sword on a potato or crust less bread is downright sensual. Okada put a fantastic grind on it.
:lol: I actually was referring to Mauichef. He, at least to me, seemed to be pretty computer savvy from what I have observed over the years yet wasn't aware of how to add attachments in this forum. But I guess being computer savvy and knowing all the ins of a forum are really two different things.
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

Okay, an attempt to reduce the advice to practice. This is my eBay takobiki in blue, presumed No.2 and billed as honyaki. My concern is zero marking on the blade. Even so, it gets whoa sharp (after ten hours on the stones I finally lost the buffing wheel look it had and arrived at the El Dorado of a zero bevel) and it drops through my second-favorite food in the world.

Following JeffB’s instructions to the letter, I get the above.
Exact same if I use the img and /img (in brackets).

When I omit the tags, this happens and the image is at least accessible though inconvenient to view. So far, the best I can do.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/aporigine ... 0e44caa469
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
taz575

Post by taz575 »

I can't see the pics on my computer with the photobucket link?

On my view, there is a full editor/preview option and then a tab called options and one called attachments. That lets you attach a pic from your phone to the post usually? You don't need another URL, but that is using a desktop, laptop or android phone. Not sure what apple is being weird?
aporigine

Share your shots.

Post by aporigine »

taz575 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:39 am I can't see the pics on my computer with the photobucket link?

On my view, there is a full editor/preview option and then a tab called options and one called attachments. That lets you attach a pic from your phone to the post usually? You don't need another URL, but that is using a desktop, laptop or android phone. Not sure what apple is being weird?
I don’t know! Example: a how-to says “step 3: open Settings in the upper right-hand corner.” There is no Settings button there; that’s where the refresh (aka dump laborious text already input) arrow resides. Nor are the adjacent clickies Settings.

I find a Settings elsewhere on the phone screen, open it, and there is not the button for step 4. I don’t understand why googling “find image url photo library iPhone 10” returns various action sequences with the same flaw, often on steps 1 or 2. So finding the “halfway fix” amounts to a tiny triumph. I apologize for the inconvenient outcome.
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
gladius

Post by gladius »

aporigine wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:06 am I don’t know! Example: a how-to says “step 3: open Settings in the upper right-hand corner.” There is no Settings button there; that’s where the refresh (aka dump laborious text already input) arrow resides. Nor are the adjacent clickies Settings.

I find a Settings elsewhere on the phone screen, open it, and there is not the button for step 4. I don’t understand why googling “find image url photo library iPhone 10” returns various action sequences with the same flaw, often on steps 1 or 2. So finding the “halfway fix” amounts to a tiny triumph. I apologize for the inconvenient outcome.
---
Is your PhotoBucket album set to private?
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

gladius wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:41 am
aporigine wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:06 am I don’t know! Example: a how-to says “step 3: open Settings in the upper right-hand corner.” There is no Settings button there; that’s where the refresh (aka dump laborious text already input) arrow resides. Nor are the adjacent clickies Settings.

---
Is your PhotoBucket album set to private?
I don’t know if this answers, but all five share options for Links are checkmarked green. It’s the default.
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

aporigine wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:17 am ... A friend who does know computers accuses me of being an unrepentant Luddite. I just shake my quill at her.
I am an odd mix of tech and Luddite, so I can relate. Only one person ever laughed at my joke "I'd join the Neo-Luddites, but I can't find their website." I think the joke went over everyone else's head.
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

mauichef wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:03 pm Thats so cool XexoX. I have only been here for about 10 years and never knew that!
Thanks Mr. Chef! You've been most helpful to me, it is nice knowing I could finally help you with something. Take care.