How Do I Post A Photo

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Jeff B

Re: Share your shots.

Post by Jeff B »

aporigine wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:34 am Okay, an attempt to reduce the advice to practice. This is my eBay takobiki in blue, presumed No.2 and billed as honyaki. My concern is zero marking on the blade. Even so, it gets whoa sharp (after ten hours on the stones I finally lost the buffing wheel look it had and arrived at the El Dorado of a zero bevel) and it drops through my second-favorite food in the world.

Following JeffB’s instructions to the letter, I get the above.
Exact same if I use the img and /img (in brackets).

When I omit the tags, this happens and the image is at least accessible though inconvenient to view. So far, the best I can do.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/aporigine ... 0e44caa469
Look at the link used in the earlier example, it is a jpeg file(https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... DFB01.jpeg). Open the photo in the app and copy the photo link and it should be an img or jpeg file link.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

Jeff B wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:03 pm
aporigine wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:34 am Okay, an attempt to reduce the advice to practice. This is my eBay takobiki in blue, presumed No.2 and billed as honyaki. My concern is zero marking on the blade. Even so, it gets whoa sharp (after ten hours on the stones I finally lost the buffing wheel look it had and arrived at the El Dorado of a zero bevel) and it drops through my second-favorite food in the world.

Following JeffB’s instructions to the letter, I get the above.
Exact same if I use the img and /img (in brackets).

When I omit the tags, this happens and the image is at least accessible though inconvenient to view. So far, the best I can do.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/aporigine ... 0e44caa469
Look at the link used in the earlier example, it is a jpeg file(https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... DFB01.jpeg). Open the photo in the app and copy the photo link and it should be an img or jpeg file link.
I deleted that photo. Photobucket is giving me like five images for free, and for like three weeks. So once I safely transferred it to the server for this board, I cleaned up. How do I do a permasave onto this server?

Alternatively, is there a photo hosting service that is free, STAYS free, and has good capacity?
“The knife is the most permanent, the most immortal, the most ingenious of all man’s creations.”
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Imgur is a good free service. They even provide you with a link you can cut and paste to embed your photos on forums without having to use the "insert img" or "attachments" tabs.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

Jeff B wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:30 pm Imgur is a good free service.
App Store has “funny meme and gif maker”. Do they have some nonintuitive name for the app to build and maintain a restricted-accesslibrary of a few thousand photos, en viager? (I’m not keen on others seeing pix I haven’t expressly released. A consent page per transaction is a necessary feature.) A link, please! I find this whole digital volatility issue very stressful.

The other place I hang out allows me to upload photos straight from my phone without “cloud”. I’m beginning to seriously dislike cloud. Everyone charges (and not a little, cheapest is $50 per annum and they have storage limits) with no guarantee that they won’t one day get creative and change format. It’s as corrupt as streaming video. I bought the content but they’re acting like I rented it!
Last edited by aporigine on Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The knife is the most permanent, the most immortal, the most ingenious of all man’s creations.”
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
gladius

Post by gladius »

aporigine

Post by aporigine »

gladius wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:07 pm Imgur

https://imgur.com/upload/embed?pub=true
The link only shows in reply. I input it into my url window three (3) times and each time it gave me the red bar of “Oops! We could not find that page.” Hit the link; same.

When I hit Get app it sends me a meme and gif generator.

I am at wit’s end here. Guess I can’t use the classifieds; people buying like photos.
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
gladius

Post by gladius »

aporigine wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:16 pm
gladius wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:07 pm Imgur

https://imgur.com/upload/embed?pub=true
The link only shows in reply. I input it into my url window three (3) times and each time it gave me the red bar of “Oops! We could not find that page.” Hit the link; same.

When I hit Get app it sends me a meme and gif generator.

I am at wit’s end here. Guess I can’t use the classifieds; people buying like photos.
---

Just try https://imgur.com/
taz575

Post by taz575 »

editor.JPG
editor.JPG (32.83 KiB) Viewed 565 times
You don't have the option for full editor & preview on your phone? Are you use a browser or taptalk or some app to view the net?

If you click on that button, click on the attachments tab, then add files (choose photo from your phone camera folder) and then place inline
editor2.JPG
editor2.JPG (40.86 KiB) Viewed 565 times
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

taz575 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:25 pm editor.JPG

You don't have the option for full editor & preview on your phone? Are you use a browser or taptalk or some app to view the net?

If you click on that button, click on the attachments tab, then add files (choose photo from your phone camera folder) and then place inline
editor2.JPG
I have Full Preview and Editor. But none of the “next” options I was asked to engage were there.

I just downloaded the Imgur app “ funny meme generator” and hit a hard wall. It asked me for tags to follow. There was no skip option. What I found is a social media site. I’m looking for an asocial media site. I want to store my photos, not give them away to a site whose business model is distributing and monetizing my content. I’m not on Facebook etc. for nonnegotiable reasons.

Is there a just plain no-fee, no tiny space allotment, no-eyeballs photo album site that works effortlessly here, without the need to be an unpaid and unwilling content provider?
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

I don’t remember being told to select Attachment tab. I could have been; vide infra. Test. If this works, I’ll start to unclench.

(edit) long string of words and phrases that would get me insta-banned … leaving … aahhh

Addendum and sheepish self-disclosure. I’m on the spectrum, and lately I’ve noticed what o fear is advancing dementia compounded by a faulty memory. Add to that: I’m on day three of not drinking, which is making me just a little tense.

My old bosses liked my technical write ups because they were exhaustive; no detail too small or apparently obvious. I have found that i cannot coexist with people who can entertain the thought “you mean you did not know that?”, which means … people. It is my bane and torment. If I do not have a trivial link of the chain, I have two uselessly disjoint fragments.
Attachments
Okada, meet cachete
Okada, meet cachete
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Re: How Do I Post A Photo

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

WHOA! I’m speechless!
5B1ED9FE-304C-412F-9F54-C32B87789526.jpeg
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:47 pm WHOA! I’m speechless!

How many are left of the Puffer fish towels? Got my taxes returns filed, think I'll be spending some more money with you folks. Remember to let me know when the soy sauce is back in stock and to save me a bottle!
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I think we’ve sold about 50 of them so far. So we have plenty.

We have this soy sauce back in stock. Is this the one you wanted? https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kish12.html
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:55 pm I think we’ve sold about 50 of them so far. So we have plenty.

We have this soy sauce back in stock. Is this the one you wanted? https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kish12.html
Yes! Thank you. So 1/2 of them are sold already, is Sue surprised?
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
aporigine

Post by aporigine »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:47 pm WHOA! I’m speechless!

I got mine yesterday! It is hanging in my kitchen. I love the little geometric details.
- Yevgeny Zamyatin
taz575

Post by taz575 »

Glad you got it figured out!! I am way too analytical as well, so I get you on the little details! Photobucket sucks, I use imgur a lot and just upload them, but rarely make a post on imgur.

Mark, did you not know how to attach a pic before???
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

XexoX wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:11 pm
ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:55 pm I think we’ve sold about 50 of them so far. So we have plenty.

Yes! Thank you. So 1/2 of them are sold already, is Sue surprised?
She was pretty sure we would sell a lot of them after I told her I was making trouble and talking them up. :)
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

taz575 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:09 pm Glad you got it figured out!! I am way too analytical as well, so I get you on the little details! Photobucket sucks, I use imgur a lot and just upload them, but rarely make a post on imgur.

Mark, did you not know how to attach a pic before???
I did not. I always used Imgur and before that Photobucket.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
taz575

Post by taz575 »

Ahh, ok! Photobucket is getting worse lately, I pulled all of my pics off there onto a flash drive, but haven't reposted them yet. I will eventually delete my account, but it sucks that all of these pictures will disappear from the net for many photobucket users. They started off as a good free hosting site and then went downhill when they started not letting people host the pics and then charge an arm and a leg for hosting services. Sooo many older pictures gone on many forums!
Radar53

Post by Radar53 »

OK ~ lets see if I can make sense of this.
I made this knife & sheath in the early 2000's
I made this knife & sheath in the early 2000's
Cheers Grant

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!!