Doctor's Without Borders is our May Donation

We're interested in doing a monthly donation to charities and we want to spread it around and help good organizations that interest you. If you post your favorite charity in this Forum we'll consider giving to it.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Doctor's Without Borders is our May Donation

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

These folks do good work. I thought we would give them some support. $500 to them for our monthly donation.
Attachments
LacyAct.JPG
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
wabi808

Re: Doctor's Without Borders is our May Donation

Post by wabi808 »

Thank you for your contribution and your recognition of their work.
As a physician, volunteer, and board member of a non profit, charitable medical mission group, (Rotaplast International) I can both attest to the need for charitable contributions to meet operating expenses, and the need for medical and non medical volunteers to meet and complete their stated missions. Medical volunteers for all of these mission groups donate their time and professional services to these mission groups. Many are retired physicians and health care providers, but the majority are still during their working years, and give up their medical practice to go and participate in these medical missions overseas. Medical mission groups such as Doctor's Without Borders, our organization and others provide health care from first world trained providers to patients in third world countries, that without the medical mission groups, that care or expertise in care would not be available.The rewards for volunteering for these medical mission groups are deeply personal, there is no financial rewards, with volunteers giving up income and paying their own expenses for travel and lodging.As a past member of the board of directors of Rotaplast International, I can attest to the operating expenses of these organizations, which when active, are in the millions of dollars per year, all of which come from grants and donations. The legitimacy or efficiency of a charitable organization can be determined by websites that rate these organizations on the basis of salaries, income, revenues and expenditures of the organization. Once such website is Charity Navigator.(www.charitynavigator.org).

Medical mission groups do make a difference, they change or save the lives of 1000s of patients every year. Thank you for donation, and I can only help but encourage everyone else who reads this, or sees a plea from an advertisement to investigate the organization, and open their hearts and wallets. Help these organizations do the work that needs to be done. If they dont...it wont get done.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Re: Doctor's Without Borders is our May Donation

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

My thanks to you for doing volunteer work. It's important and makes a difference.

Yes, I use charity navigator all the time to get a quick snapshot of groups we consider. It helps to know that organizations are running their operations efficiently and using the resources for their intended purposes.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html