FS Stainless Assassin Petty

Formerly Blackstone Knife Company

Moderator: timos

timos

FS Stainless Assassin Petty

Post by timos »

Hello,

Please take a look at my latest offerings. This is a 165mm (6.5" ) by 40mm (1.57”) blade from 1/8" thick CPM154CM steel.

Heat Treated By Jarod Todd. RC 62 + Cryo. Very fine edge, superior edge holding over AEBL.

Solid one pc Curly Walnut “WA” Handles made and installed by Graydon Decollibus. I do enjoy collaborating with other makers. I am a fan of Graydon’s work. You wont be disappointed.

The blade has 10" hollow ground fullers and convexed bevels.

The edge itself is a shallow (approx. 10 deg.) micro-bevel, finished on a Shapton pro 7k stone and stropped on a 10K stone.

As always, The blade has a full length distal taper.

This type of bevel geometry is commonly referred to as an "S" grind. I think it absolutely looks and feels cool, plus it does reduce "stickiness" at least a little bit. The spine and choil is chamferred.

The oversize 1/8” stock thickness combined with the full length distal taper gives this knife a solid, authoritative feel in hand. This knife works great and you will love it, I guarantee it.

$320 each shipped CONUS. I ship USPS and the knife comes in a zippered knife pouch. Please email me or use the contact form if you have any questions.

You can purchase direct from my website or post here. Please let me know if you have any questions.
ImageImageImageImage
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos