WTS - a few knives to help support #Mauistrong

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
mauichef

WTS - a few knives to help support #Mauistrong

Post by mauichef »

As you know I have been selling off some of my knife collection.
With the terrible devastation that has struck our island home we are doing everything we can to support those who have lost their love ones, homes, businesses and jobs.
You cannot believe the level of destruction that has occurred.
While waiting on the various government agencies to get their acts together, many people have stepped up to help in physical ways....cooking food, providing shelter and needed supplies, donating clothing etc.

We want to support that effort financially so we have decided to sell off lots of my art and knives with 100% of the proceeds gong to www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/maui-strong.

Please take a look at the knives on offer and if you like one we will donate the full purchase price to the cause.
I have listed some of my less expensive blades so that everyone can partake. I have also reduced the prices.

Meanwhile I am selling a lot of my originals and prints on Facebook and Instagram so if you would like to help in that regard please visit my pages.
https://www.instagram.com/sevindogmaui
https://www.facebook.com/raymastersart/

First up.....

Matsubara Bunka 170mm, White #1 Kurouchi, Ho wood/resin handle $65.00 - SOLD!!!!
Matsubara K-tip-2.jpg
Matsubara K-tip-1.jpg
Masakage Shimo Gyuto 240mm White #2 / Carbon Damascus/Sand Blasted, Chechen burl /Caribbean rosewood/resin spacer/ G10 liner $175.00 - SOLD!!!!
Masakage Shimo Gyuto-1.jpg
Masakage Shimo Gyuto-2.jpg
Carter Cutlery, Shiro by Kenichi Shiraki, Usuba 170mm White #1 Satin Ho wood/Buffalo/custom inlay handle $220.00
Carter Shiro Usuba-2.jpg
Carter Shiro Usuba-1.jpg
100% of the proceeds will go to the relief. Please use F&F to pay and I would ask you to pay for shipping if you feel so inclined (around $15)

Mahalo Nui Loa!
delmar

Re: Please help support #Mauistrong

Post by delmar »

Ray, I'll take the shimo if you round up to $200
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

You are a saint!!!
I will PM you.....
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Masakage Shimo SOLD :D
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

The Maui fire is now ranked as the deadliest fire in the USA in over a century. 89 dead..... so far. WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!! The government are asleep at the wheel.
Wjhunt

Post by Wjhunt »

I’ve been worried about you Mauichef. I think you’re an awesome person for selling parts of your collection to benefit others. Good luck with the fund raising. Hopefully, the government will step up quickly
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Thanks my friend. We are good here. Just seemingly so little being done by the people who pull the strings. Silly rules and regulations are preventing people from getting help even with stuff like Insulin!!!!. Its very frustrating. Thankfully so many have taken matters into their own hands and set up big kitchens to feed the homeless. Opened up their homes. Buying supplies and clothes with their own money. We just used the money from this knife purchase to get toilet paper, towels, soap etc which we take to the shelters. So many good souls are stepping up to the plate but being thwarted by the authorities. The Humane Society was full 2 days ago and in one morning EVERY animal was adopted. Makes me cry with joy. And still the fires burn and people and animals are yet to be found.
mauichef

Re: WTS - a few knives to help support #Mauistrong

Post by mauichef »

BUMP.
These are both priced to sell...you get a cool knife and get to support a very needed relief effort.
Aloha!
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

As of August 17, 2023, $43,796,771 has been raised for #mauistrong.
PLEASE can you help......and you get a free knife or piece of art!
Mahalo and Aloha.
JahRidley

Post by JahRidley »

Hello,
I am interested in purchasing the Matsubara bunka but I am wondering if it has a good edge on it because I haven’t learned to sharpen yet and I don’t have any connections in Petaluma, CA (Sonoma County). Also what is pay via “F&F”?
Thank you!
Jonathan
tlertler

Post by tlertler »

I recommend just buying the Matsubara from Mauichef. If and when it needs a sharpening, feel free to contact me and come to San Francisco from Petaluma for a free sharpening and sharpening lesson.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

JahRidley wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:09 am Hello,
I am interested in purchasing the Matsubara bunka but I am wondering if it has a good edge on it because I haven’t learned to sharpen yet and I don’t have any connections in Petaluma, CA (Sonoma County). Also what is pay via “F&F”?
Thank you!
Jonathan
I will sharpen it before it leaves. And this is a great knife to learn the art on. It’s short so better control on your angles and is easy to get an edge on. PM incoming.
delmar

Post by delmar »

F&F is 'friends and family'. There are two options to pay on PayPal - goods/services (seller charged fee) and friends/family (seller not charged fee). Google/research difference. I belief poster is asking for this so he can maximize donation to Maui fire victims.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Matsubara SPF…
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Matsubara SOLD🤙
Another tiny bit to help Maui recover.
Mahalo Jonathan🙏
ronnie_suburban

Post by ronnie_suburban »

Glad to see these knives sold and such a vital cause being supported. For those looking to provide additional help, I suggest making a donation to Maui Food Bank and World Central Kitchen, both excellent sources of assistance. Thank you!
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Mahalo Ronnie.
WCK is a great effort as is Maui Food Bank also www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/maui-strong is probably the most Front Line of all the efforts.
Aloha to all who have helped our island during these terrible times.
I still have 2 of those Morihiro prints available to anyone who wants to donate to any of these causes. Make me a reasonable offer and help get food and shelter to those who need it so badly.