SOLD - Yahiko Ginsan Nashiji Santoku 165mm

Here you can research prices of sold items.
Kekoa

SOLD - Yahiko Ginsan Nashiji Santoku 165mm

Post by Kekoa »

I am planning on selling all the Japanese knives that I have bought to this point and replacing them with one knife that will suit me best based on what I have narrowed my preferences down to.

This santoku was my first Japanese knife and I think it is an excellent value. It has very nice thin geometry, a well made comfortable handle, and it sharpens very easily. The only complaint that I have with it at this point is a matter of preference. I deal with lots of larger ingredients so I am really only satisfied when I have at least 210mm of blade to work with. I have owned it a little over a year now and it has seen the least use of the three chef knives that I rotate through. There is some light asthetic scratches from normal use on the blade faces. The knife has come to have less sticktion than when I originally purchased it, and most ingredients can easily be brushed off the blade now.

Early on, the blade developed some microchips, I only noticed them because I have a magnifier to look at my edges. I started sharpening at a more obtuse angle and haven't had any issues since. I currently have it sharpened to around 14 dps and will ship it with my best #2000 grit edge, or if you prefer I can leave the edge as is and let you put your own edge on it.

I am asking for $95.00, and I will pay shipping costs. It will come with a CKTG felt guard. Continental U.S. only. PM me if you have questions.
Attachments
yahikoSantokuRightSideResize.JPG
yahikoSantokuLeftSideResize.JPG
trancher

Re: WTS Yahiko Ginsan Nashiji Santoku 165mm

Post by trancher »

GLWS, Kekoa!
Kekoa

Post by Kekoa »

I have yet to figure out what GLWS stands for, ha ha! Mind educating me?
ronnie_suburban

Post by ronnie_suburban »

Kekoa wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:06 pm I have yet to figure out what GLWS stands for, ha ha! Mind educating me?
Good Luck With Sale :)
=R=
Half of cooking is thinking about cooking.
Kekoa

Post by Kekoa »

Price drop, $85.

Christmas is coming up, if you have a friend, family, or a lady in your life who likes to cook, this is a great first Japanese knife!
Bob Z

Post by Bob Z »

With Xmas coming up, you could always gift it!
Kekoa

Post by Kekoa »

Unfortunately, I don't seem to know anyone who would appreciate it. I am the lone cutlery fan out of all the people I know in person. I even mentioned getting something nicer for my Mom to use and she said she thought the Cuisinarts were great ever since I sharpened them. I guess I'm glad it works for her, ha ha!
Kekoa

Post by Kekoa »

Sold!