To cheer my girlfriend up...

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
roaduck

To cheer my girlfriend up...

Post by roaduck »

My girlfriend gets the blues in the Winter so I tell her jokes and daft anecdotes and put lots of herbs and spices in dishes.
Plus I make her basil, lavender, lemon and chamomile tea etc.
Also I put essential oils in the bath and massage her to sleep which help her a lot and she has not needed tablets since meeting me which I`m very chuffed about.

I got the big English industrial scissors for her dressmaking, tailoring and upholstery - she helps the homeless in many ways and I do my best to cook for them.
Because she`s lovely and helps me and others so much I got her some off the shelf Asian knives tonight.
For her they have to be Japanese or Thai, Chinese Malay etc and Far Eastern shaped and must be stainless.

So...I got her 4 all stainless ones to add to these Chinese stainless ones which aren`t bad but are not top of the range as we`re doing the house up and funds are not unlimited at the moment.
The two bottom 8 inch caidao`s are Shibazi brand and are not bad - used by millions of Asian and Western chefs Worldwide; they`re a bit like CCK Chinese Chef knives out of Hong Kong - maybe not as sharp OOTB - but easily remedied.

The three knives with the dimpled handles are Chinese Mikale brand and they remind me of a well-known knife brand haha!
They are made of German 4116 steel and are better than average and good value for money at less than £20 all inc.
The 7 -1/4 inch caidao is just under half a pound, the 6- 1/4 inch santoku weighs 7 ounces and the 4- 3/4 inch paring is
2- 1/2 ounces which is a reasonable weight all things considered; the handles of all 3 are hollow.

Early next week these four are arriving; hope she likes `em, they`re a surprise.
The top one is a 5 inch serrated and the other 3 are a set.